• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is Your Favorite Tube Type Amp.?

Whichever I happen to own currently that does the job. Right now that's an Ameritron AL-800H. Does 2500 watts all day long if you want it to. Small package, easy to operate....

These posts are just short of trolling!

The AL-800H is an awesome amplifier! I have always bee suprised that Ameritron does not market this amplifier more! It always gets the small print in the ads.

For CB, it's hard to beat the Pride DX-300. It's all the power anyone ever needs! ;)

The four 811A's are in the AL-811H. The AL-800H has a pair of 3CX800A7's which will make 2200-2500 watts easy.I want QRO's new 3500 model with three 3CX800A7's. :shock:

A Modifed 750 MACO; it had one 12JT6A driving two 2057's driving six 2057's.

This was a Base/Mobile amplifier, it had 2 outboard power supplies; one for the house which supplied 12 volts for the tubes and transistor switching PS (bias) and the B+.

The mobile PS was a 3-Phase alternator driven supply which delivered 1000 volts at 2 plus amps, the tubes were lite off the battery.

Did over 2 grand on swing and ate 16 transistor (454's) Messenger Amplifiers for breakfast. This was middle 80's.

What IS my favorite tube amp today, any one that I personally build; they are cheaper and I never have any problems finding a "Tek" to work on them. 8)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.