• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base What kind of this antenna is this ?

Robalo

Aug 21, 2006
California
I am trying to put it together. I need pdf file please 73’s @Robalo

Attachments

• BAE6F99E-14E2-49B9-8AA8-F6711F44A51B.jpeg
    BAE6F99E-14E2-49B9-8AA8-F6711F44A51B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • 519493DD-D95B-4815-B0BF-42C706A28F8C.jpeg
    519493DD-D95B-4815-B0BF-42C706A28F8C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41

I am trying to put it together. I need pdf file please 73’s @Robalo

It looks like an old Cushcraft Ringo.

I did a forum search but all the posts were old. A few had posted copies of the Manual, but none of the images would open up.

I'm not sure but I don't think your image shows all the parts. I do not see the coaxial matching stub, and I think there should be 5 sections of tubing too if it is for CB.

Last edited:
Reactions: 357magnum
I am thinking this is a 2-meter version. However, parts are missing.
The not showing the extra hole where the tuning stub goes on the 10 or 6-meter version is the clue to me.
The tuning stub goes from the loop to the radial/counterpoise section that drops down like a 1/4 wave below. This may be the old original version 1/2 wave, but the longest tube looks out of place. I seem to remember, that somewhere there was an OLD mod, that some did to make this 3/4 wave long. However, it changed the radiation pattern and left big nulls depending on how the antenna was mounted and at what height. (effective in some directions...others it went DEAF)
However, could be the top section got broken, and that longer piece was used to repair the antenna.
The AR 2B version had a coupling loop that attached below the top section making the colinear array. Thus when the top part of the antenna got damaged, the longer section was added to try and repair.
CC%20ARX-2B%20Ringo%20Ranger%20+%20Hz1F.jpg

The loop size (diameter) would be the clue.
2008391.jpg
AR2B version (higher Gain/lower angle radiation) Good antenna really.

https://hy-gain.cushcraftamateur.com/Product.php?productid=ARX-2B

There are 3 different versions of that design available at one point.

Here is the link page to the AR antennas.
https://hy-gain.cushcraftamateur.com/productsearch.php
GL
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: 357magnum
BJ , I want to say " Bingo " ! I have one I got from the trash & has that Hair Pin . My Buddy a Ham op , said exactly what you said ! Mine is " Way " too short for 11m . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Here is an old faded-out image of the ARX2B. It is hard to see, but it shows a lot more parts for this 2 meter antenna.

Attachments

• Cushcraft ARX2B.pdf
    474.7 KB · Views: 7

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.