• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What LCD Tv to Buy?

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
I am in the market for a new tv.....want to upgrade to a big screen.......I know nothing about the new flat screen tv's.....my 27 tv is 8yrs old and showing signs of needing replaced...need input on which models have a good picture and are built well and have a good track record of not having problems.

I like LG products. Never had a problem with anything they make. Now we have a 46" LED/LCD tv . Great picture and sound. The picture is so detailed and clear I can get within an inch if it playing a blu ray movie and I swear I'm looking through a window at reality.

Reactions: 1 person
Just had to replace a Vizio 42" that lasted just 6 years. But it was on 16 hours a day. Not bad at all. Made in the US. I bought another Vizio, but it is a 46", 240Hz refresh rate (wow!!!), and can 3D too. Paid less for it than I did for the 42".

Not the end of the story. Took the 42" apart and found that the power supply was at fault. The guts of these things are all modular - nice! Bought another power supply module for it on eBay for $65/shipped. Popped it in and now it is working too. So now I have two widescreen TVs. One in the radio room and the other in the living room.

Check out the reviews on the Vizio products; they get xlnt reviews. Not bad for an American TV. The cost is affordable too . . .

Last edited:
Just had to replace a Vizio 42" that lasted just 6 years. But it was on 16 hours a day. Not bad at all. Made in the US. I bought another Vizio, but it is a 46", 240Hz refresh rate (wow!!!), and can 3D too. Paid less for it than I did for the 42".

Not the end of the story. Took the 42" apart and found that the power supply was at fault. Bought another power supply for it on eBay for $65/shipped. Popped it in and it is working too. So now I have two widescreen TVs. One in the radio room and the other in the living room.

Check out the reviews on the Vizio products; they get xlnt reviews. Not bad for an American TV. The cost is affordable too . . .

What is the model # of your Vizio 46?

i still love my 5 year old panasonic plasma . if money is tight vizio consistantly gets good comments for their price points .

LCD TV Buying Guide: LCD TV Reviews, Ratings, Models, Recommendations & Best Prices on LCD HDTVs

Plasma TV Reviews: Ratings and Calibration Settings from Plasma TV Buying Guide

Do they make a tv that does not have a screen that reflects objects in the room....my 27 panasonic always bugged me because the living room lamp was always in the picture?

Which has the better pic iyho....plasma or lcd?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.