• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What LCD Tv to Buy?

I have a 42" Vizio that has a power supply going out which gives out such bad RFI to my radio that I want to take it out to the shooting range and blast it. It just completely wipes me out on certain frequencies.

A couple of years ago I bought a Sony 3D and it is a thing of beauty.

Do they make a tv that does not have a screen that reflects objects in the room....my 27 panasonic always bugged me because the living room lamp was always in the picture?

Which has the better pic iyho....plasma or lcd?

stick with lcd for that , they all have a less reflective plastic screen , plasmas have glass .
i prefered plasma over lcd , but that was 5 years ago . personal preference . you will have to decide for yourself .

I have a 42" Vizio that has a power supply going out which gives out such bad RFI to my radio that I want to take it out to the shooting range and blast it. It just completely wipes me out on certain frequencies.

A couple of years ago I bought a Sony 3D and it is a thing of beauty.

0500 0507 0201 DPS 283AP B Vizio GV42L FHDTV10A Power Board | eBay

That is the supply that I bought. He's in El Monte; so you can just drive there if you need one. Just check out the P/N if it matches yours. If not; then ask him if he has one. Only $50 since you don't need shipping charges. CA sales tax applies too . . .
Don't have any radio interference problems from either TV.

IIRC, Samsung still makes all of the screens for Sony. So buy a Samsung and save some bucks.

Last edited:
Any specific model stands out?

46" and 50" LED Backlite...mine is so bright I keep it turned down to about 50%...I have a 46".....model #s change with details...I have optical outputs on the set to feed my Harmon-Cardin sound system...surround is stunning!

IF You work HF...DO NOT BUY A PLASMA....Mucho RFI....though Plasma will have slightly better color res...the trade off is not worth it....
Plasma screens burn over time when watching non-HD programing...another flaw...IMHO
The production people want SONY's....that's what I seen....that's what I bought...again MHO

Hows the warranty?
They stand behind them...but it will out last the warranty

never had noise issues from mine east side . but i don't game or surf on mine either , and i've never had the first hint of burn in .... which is cause by a static picture .... not by SD .
i agree on better color with plasma, and deeper blacks . but if gaming is on the agenda go lcd .

That is the supply that I bought. He's in El Monte; so you can just drive there if you need one. Just check out the P/N if it matches yours. If not; then ask him if he has one. Only $50 since you don't need shipping charges. CA sales tax applies too . . .

IIRC, Samsung still makes all of the screens for Sony. So buy a Samsung a save some bucks.

I'm going to check that out first thing in the morning. Thanks for the tip!

(y) I have a Sony Bravia with a Sony Blueray player and a Sony A/V receiver fed with high def satellite and the picture is AMAZING.

Cool CK! I have the Bravia XBR(xtra bright) stunning...The "over the air" signals without all the compression and processing(SAT sigs) are unreal!
The OTA tuner is ulta selective....crisp/clean, almost "life like"...even the SD programing looks OK....Watching sports (Am. Football) is a trip....everyone that sees that set is amazed, "Damn BJ you can count the blades of grass on that field"(my father&brother/hihi)....
Then add feeding the audio via fiber to my surround system from not only the set but the DVD player....pretty Fricken cool!
No wonder I never hardly make it to the shack on the days when I don't work "the Games"...(y)
All the Best
Gary

IIRC, Samsung still makes all of the screens for Sony. So buy a Samsung and save some bucks.

However they don't use the same processor and decoder...Sony has their own patents....
Samsung
NEC
Fujitzu
make 95% of all panels produced...
the processor and the decoders are the keys to a crisp/clean/quick picture!

You want the Best....RuncKo(sp)....but their about $20k usd....custom built

LED's are the way to go these days. I bought LCD because they are on sale. I like the power consumption of LED but you will pay a 30% premium. My LCD sucks 400w. Sure looks good though. Mine also generates an RF field that effects my UHF remote. Does not effect my HF radio.

I seen a ytube video that was lcd vs led.....the led's whites were white and the lcd whites were off white....the video maker said its not a big enuff deal to get rid of your lcd and go out and buy a led....but if you are buying new...that its something to think about?
Then you have the plasma tv's they say have better dark which results in better resolution?

I seen a ytube video that was lcd vs led.....the led's whites were white and the lcd whites were off white....the video maker said its not a big enuff deal to get rid of your lcd and go out and buy a led....but if you are buying new...that its something to think about?
Then you have the plasma tv's they say have better dark which results in better resolution?
The LED TV crazy heavy? :unsure:

LED vs. LCD TV: Which is better? - Feature - TVs - CNET Asia

It could have been a biased video or even an uninformed one. It is Youtube. My Sony LCD has adjustments for colour,hue,colour temperature,clear white, and live colour which all can affect the white balance of the picture. When they are set right the whites are as white as the driven snow. Bright sunlit HD images of snow really brings out the bluish tint that snow and ice really have.

It could have been a biased video or even an uninformed one. It is Youtube. My Sony LCD has adjustments for colour,hue,colour temperature,clear white, and live colour which all can affect the white balance of the picture. When they are set right the whites are as white as the driven snow. Bright sunlit HD images of snow really brings out the bluish tint that snow and ice really have.

True...I'll see if I can find it again and post it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.