• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What mods are available for the Stryker 447hpc2 in 2023?

Umm, turn up the AM transmit modulation limit?

The Stryker is designed to do the job UNmodified that a Galaxy/RCI/Connex/Superstar can do only after mods. Their marketing intent seems to be "out-Galaxy Galaxy".

There are drawbacks, especially when they break. But decibel for decibel, very little alteration is needed to make them perform.

Agreed with everything said. A quick bench check for frequency, modulation, and dead key settings and you should be ready to rule. Don't get talked into any smoke and mirror mods on that one. They will just drain your wallet.

This radio is a talker, right out of the box. I bought one from Amazon, put it on the scope and was amazed. I ran it through my microphone collection and while the stock mic works, it doesn't have enough audio to modulate the radio to it's full potential. A power mic like the Aires really wakes it up. I had it doing over 120% modulation cleanly with a quick adjustment to the limiter. And it doesn't make the funky scope pattern like a Galaxy with the NPC mod. I just wish it had sideband.

ARIES Premium Series 4-PIN Power Microphone for Cobra Uniden Galaxy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IT1IHFM/?tag=worradfor-20

I got this one second hand and a guy named Zane in Phoenix did a lol peak and tune and I notice the resistor that is supposed to be on the mod limiter area is gone with a very small piece of wire across it.that’s the only thing I can tell was removed or added

I got on my laptop and turned the beep off.the one when u turn the channels.I also tried the beeps and they do not sound the same as my 955 even that hey are the same beeps.has anyone else noticed this

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.