• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What to do?

I just got my Cobra 29LX Camo from Bells CB. I asked for a tune and variable power. When I received the radio they did not do the variable power. After talking to the company they said they would cover shipping back and forth and do a MOSFET final and the variable power for 62 discounted from 94. My other option is to buy a soldering iron and do a swing kit myself. I have some soldering experience, but haven't done it in a long time. What do you think I should do? I'm kinda worried about sending the radio from AZ to Florida a couple times.

Thanks
NICK

If you paid for something you didn't receive, send it back to them (on their dime) and get what you paid for, plain and simple. ;)

Reactions: 1 person
I have made my living from the internet since 1998. It was just getting sophisticated back then, mail order and online shopping becoming more and more accepted. One big deal at the time was keeping the governments stinking nose out of it or they would ruin it. And the word going around was "we have to police it or the government will do it for us". This is true of anything. And the way we police it is to spread the word about the bad actors and do not spend any money with them and to warn others of your bad experiences. Use to be you had to boycott the store by standing out front with a sign. Now it's really easy, just tell the truth of your experiences with them and it will eventually accumulate and spread. ;)

I have made my living from the internet since 1998. It was just getting sophisticated back then, mail order and online shopping becoming more and more accepted. One big deal at the time was keeping the governments stinking nose out of it or they would ruin it. And the word going around was "we have to police it or the government will do it for us". This is true of anything. And the way we police it is to spread the word about the bad actors and do not spend any money with them and to warn others of your bad experiences. Use to be you had to boycott the store by standing out front with a sign. Now it's really easy, just tell the truth of your experiences with them and it will eventually accumulate and spread. ;)

Yep. Truth or lies it will spread. Isn't the internet wonderful.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yep. Truth or lies it will spread. Isn't the internet wonderful.

Well, if you get caught lying, your name will be mud, and that will never leave you either. Ask obama. :D

Any shop can make a mistake. They're paying for shipping both ways. Put it back in the original box. Send it Priority mail med flat rate box $12. They'll have it in two days and you'll have it back in a few more. Asking for another new radio is not necessary.

The MOSFET upgrade is your call. If you do get the MOSFET, seriously, $50 MAX. The radio itself sells in eBay for $95 including shipping.

By this time you've probably already made your decision. Hope you like it. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.