• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What was your first HF ham rig??

The first HF rig I played with was a Yaesu 757gx. A friend loaned it to me for a while. Then I saw the Icom 746 and knew right away that I wasn't gonna mess around with the old stuff any more.... LOL

my first rig was the ft 101,then 101ee both were great radios. then i got a kenwood ts 430,that was one of the best radios period imo. alot of contacts with that 430.then i got my ham ticket :D so i got an all around radio the icom 706mkllg still enjoying this one, :LOL:

My first HF rig was and is a Heath DX-60B all tube transmitter with AM and CW modes only.I also have the matching HR-10 rx and the HG-10 VFO.I still use it every Sunday morning on 3735 for the Maritimes AM Net where a bunch of guys gather to run old AM gear.Some of us have broadcast quality audio (myself included so I am told) and a lot of us came from broadcast or military backgrounds.Since then I have had an Icom 735 and now it has been replaced with a Yaesu FT-857.I'll always keep the old Heath however.

My first rig of any sort was an FT-757GX boght new as a Novice when they had just come out. I had the radio faster than my license. It took four months waiting for the paper license to come and I used the radio daily just to listen. I still have it. It's banged=up and dirty and about 17 years-old and still works. It's a spare now and I use it every Field Day.

I doubt I will ever let it go. Too many first-year memories.

PS Excuse typos, I can't see the screen very well today.

RCI-2950 :shock: :LOL: No my rig is a Yaesu 757GX. Really like it. I spend a lot of time listening and downloading SSTV. Listen to SW on it.

My first HF Rig? Well, if you look at my avator there it is.

Yaesu FT-901DM, External VFO, Ext. speaker/ phone patch, Station monitor useing a Heil Goldline studio microphone. ( She will be greatly missed ).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.