• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whatever Happened To . . . .?

I'm still kicking, lol.

I was working in the field and a big pipe hit me in the head. It was touch 'n go for a few weeks. My wife was standing beside me when it happened. I wouldn't have made it if she hadn't been there. My speech, strength and dexterity are coming along.

I recently sold our house and moved. Still in Ohio, though. Been gathering up stuff to get my station back on the air.

I appreciate the thoughts. Hope everyone is doing well.
Will be lifting you up in Prayer this evening,glad you are on the recovery,God Bless!

I'm still kicking, lol.

I was working in the field and a big pipe hit me in the head. It was touch 'n go for a few weeks. My wife was standing beside me when it happened. I wouldn't have made it if she hadn't been there. My speech, strength and dexterity are coming along.

I recently sold our house and moved. Still in Ohio, though. Been gathering up stuff to get my station back on the air.

I appreciate the thoughts. Hope everyone is doing well.
Hate to hear you were injured, glad you're getting better. Praying for you and yours.

Mr Riverman, I hope I'm mistaken but I believe he passed away last year. There was a thread here somewhere but I can't find it. If memory serves me right, it was unexpectedly.

Someone please elaborate or correct me.
It appears you’re right, Ed. :(
I just discovered the following on his home page.
”RIP Leo!!! You will be missed.” —BJ radionut

• Sad
Reactions: Rwb and Eldorado828
I'm still around. Honestly, I am going through the divorce from Hell, married 20 years. We could make the movie, "Hellraiser, Pinhead's Divorce- the Origin Story." I am trying my best not to be Norm from Cheers. I've got a few projects in the works. My home base antenna took a Tornado going overhead last week, it is only a Dipole. My scanner antenna pole was almost lost. It was saved by the ground wire. This is a hobby I enjoy to much to give up. If I am not on, anyone can feel free to e-mail me at anytime. I am really excited that my son wants a scanner setup at my father's house for a scanner. That means drilling through the bricks to get through the foundation. I will probable put up an A99 with a scanner antenna. Everyone here is a great bunch of people.

Last edited:
I'm still around. Honestly, I am going through the divorce from Hell, married 20 years. We could make the movie, "Hellraiser, Pinhead's Divorce- the Origin Story." I am trying my best not to be Norm from Cheers. I've got a few projects in the works. My home base antenna took a Tornado going overhead last week, it is only a Dipole. My scanner antenna pole was almost lost. It was saved by the ground wire. This is a hobby I enjoy to much to give up. If I am not on, anyone can feel free to e-mail me at anytime. I am really excited that my son wants a scanner setup at my father's house for a scanner. That means drilling through the bricks to get through the foundation. I will probable put up an A99 with a scanner antenna. Everyone here is a great bunch of people.
Glad you're alive and kicking but sympathize for the D you're dealing with. Glad you're staying with the hobby too, I myself went through the "D" in 2010, was brutal to the disgusted point I sold out of the hobby completely, sold everything except the truck radio and a v58. Stay with it dude, I came crawling back in 2014 only to regret selling everything.

It looks like hell, I know it does, but it will come to pass my friend. I didn't believe it either, 12 years later and it's only a faint nasty memory. Yours will be there too, but you gotta keep on.

Heed to this piece of advice though..... Don't kick the hobby or else you'll find yourself here
Screenshot_20220519-204633_Chrome.jpg

Slowmover is no longer a member here, after many many attempts to get him to stop posting political garbage he has been removed from the forum.

Jeff
Was redbeard u812 a similar story? I backed away from the forum for a while partly because he was posting silly ramblings everywhere and I just grew tired of it.

How about @blasphemy000 ?
I bought a 2m radio from him in January. Never got the radio, he hasn't been back. I hope he is ok, I don't think that he would really try to rip me off. It was only $37 or something like that. Not enough to worry about, I just hope he is still kicking.
Dang, even thought it's a small burn it's still a burn nonetheless. If the fellow is OK then that's really bad sportsmanship.

But seriously, nothing on lil'Yeshua? I remember he used to be here regularly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?