• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whats the DEAL????

what happens more often than not when you see an obviously overpriced radio, is that someone had an old CB they wanted to sell, and went to ebay to find the current price for one.

knowing nothing about CB's,they fall into two caterfories; the ones who think its still worth what they paid for it in 1976, and the ones who think its junk and might bring 20.00 or so.

when the get on ebay they are very surprised to see that some radios are going for 10.00 while others are going for 250.00 and up.

again, knowing nothing about CB's, they see one woodgrained cabinet base with a big meter going for 200.00 (cobra 2000gtl, or tram D210a) and figure their big woodgrained base with a big meter is worth the same.
i get a kick out of those ads.
they start with a bid of like 100.00 for a 23ch. courier base, in "excellent condition".
and have a reserve!!!

then you see them with 3min. left in the auction with not one bid.
(i can just picture them sitting in front of their computer, arms folded, scowling, cursing all the "cheap bastards" in the world for not buying their "baby." LOL)

well, maybe one bid; there's always at least one sucker out there.

i have actually wirtten notes through ebay to these sellers, telling them whats what in this market, usually followed by a fair but low offer on their equip.LOL

some have simply said, no thank you, but some have been quite nasty, saying they know what its worth and all that jazz...

then the auction ends and they are still stuck with their junk.LOL

i have to say, ebay has really ruined the possibility for great deals at garage sales from people who dont know what they have.

all the little old ladies with '59 les pauls, and TS-940s's have looked on the net, and know what they have.
DARN!!!

sorry so long winded, guess i got carried away,LOL
loosecannon

I am NOT a collector, I just like old Royce base radios. I used to be one of the warranty techs back in the 70's for them. I always enjoyed tweeking them little Royces and sending them back out as refurbished for Royce. A lot of people were getting a lot better, more powerful radio than they were expecting when they bought a refurb. Most of the time the NEW radios weren't even putting out the legal 5 watts back then.

Anyway, ebay has just about shot their wad with me on CB's

Ronnie :D

I still have been able find some "vintage" 1960's and 1970's CB radios and other assorted radio gear at reasonable prices at my local garage sales and Hamfests.

Well theres only a few radios of the old one that I would even consider. You have to remember that sometimes parts are hard to come by for the oldtimers rigs. As I said though I do like a few though. Its all about what someones willing to pay. I have a few I said I would never sell BUT as I always say everythings forsale for the right price ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio