• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's wrong with this picture?

nomadradio

Analog Retentive
Apr 3, 2005
Louisville, KY
www.nomadradio.com
Thought about a title "What's wrong with this picture?".

8DOYNm.jpg

No, not this picture.

06DMXI.jpg

And not this one, really.

NQFgUI.jpg

THIS picture.

Wondered why the radio only delivered the stock power you expect from a bipolar side-mike DX99V.

Turns out it's just a decoration. Not connected. The orange wire leads to the factory final-amplifier stage.

Not sure what was the point.

Told the owner there wasn't much to gain by diddling with it further. I could try hooking it back up to see what it does, but the odds of seeing an improvement seemed pretty small.

Figured it got unhooked because it's already blown out. The money he would have to pay me to try it and find out would be totally wasted, as if he just pulled it out of his pocket and set fire to it.

Told him I have plenty of matches.

Took it back home as it is, working just fine, with a decorative lump on the back end.

Thought about a title "What's wrong with this picture?".

8DOYNm.jpg

No, not this picture.

06DMXI.jpg

And not this one, really.

NQFgUI.jpg

THIS picture.

Wondered why the radio only delivered the stock power you expect from a bipolar side-mike DX99V.

Turns out it's just a decoration. Not connected. The orange wire leads to the factory final-amplifier stage.

Not sure what was the point.

Told the owner there wasn't much to gain by diddling with it further. I could try hooking it back up to see what it does, but the odds of seeing an improvement seemed pretty small.

Figured it got unhooked because it's already blown out. The money he would have to pay me to try it and find out would be totally wasted, as if he just pulled it out of his pocket and set fire to it.

Told him I have plenty of matches.

Took it back home as it is, working just fine, with a decorative lump on the back end.

Well I hate orange you should have changed the orange wire to Blue or Red and charged him $49.95 Blue and Red wires always put out more.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.