• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHEN THE WIND CRYS MARY )-:

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
This is 1996 .....came home from work to my Alpha V-5/8s laying accross my house )-: ....this is what happens when you go for the gusto )-: 50ft push up plus a 10 foot exstention on top of that ....I was over 80 ft to the tip of the 5/8s ...I got to enjoy it for about a month before mother nature kicked my a$$ !! You would think after losing 2 Alpha's before this one ,I would have learned something ? Nope !! (-: those were the days !! after that one (I got lucky, my antenna was not effected this time around) ....just went with the push ups by themselves.(At that house I always had a hard time guying the antenna's on the south side because there was a concrete fence and my neighbors house there after) There's my old 81 Mustang with that 96 inch Fransis Amazer !! What a great antenna that was for me. It used to make a errie vibrating sound as I drove down the road ,but that antenna kicked some a$$. Switch Kit
wind6ua.jpg

I shot a lot of videos back then Cheech ..need to figure out how I can turn some of that video into pictures if at all possible. Those were the days. Switch Kit

Looks to me like you got some pretty good eye's there Drifter (ojo) Wall bracket yes , snapped yes , guy wires were nylon ropes , 12 in all , like i said ,just had a very hard time guying the ropes to the south side of my house at the time.....as far as the winds go ? .....they were truly my down fall at the time. Oh ....as far as diameters go on the push up ? I couldn't tell you that other then it was a heavy duty 50 footer at the time. IM fairly sure that it wasn't so much my south side guying as it was the 10 foot exstention I had it on ....it just made the top half way off balance so to speak ....I think that kicked my a$$ more so then anything else at the time. I had lost 2 other 5/8s in the past before that one went down , either from bad guy wiring or just putting poles together that were not evenly balanced ect.ect.ect. .....I was one to always shoot for the stars ....even though it really wasn't that nessasary to do .....I just had to be me. Costly at that )-: .....I learned over the years though....I haven't had a base station set up now for about 8 years .....went through seperation with the X and moved into a Condo ....no antenna's aloud !! )-: if life ever changes for me and I live that long ? ...I will just go with the 50 footer again and even leave about 10 feet or so in the next time around ......maybe I'll get lucky if that time should ever present itself to me and I'll be on more of a higher ground next time around ? OH ......and yes ...those are high power lines you see there ......kind of hard to get away from those around the Los Angeles area )-: Peace Switch Kit

Holly RF prison bat man! Smokin' setup when it was up I'll bet!
Francis Tripple quarter wave amazer on a 5.0 bet the local burger shack thinks were brothers from another mother!
Punchin' out........

Welcome to the Forum Chaser !! You bet'cha my cb brother with the different mother !! Auh yes !! Those were some of my more pushing it to the limit kinds of days. Peace

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.