• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where are the cobra fm cb radios?

I'm wondering why we're a year into legal FM and Cobra, the petitioner, doesn't have anything. I get that they need to sell off existing stock, but to be caught flat footed like this suggests that they didn't expect to win this one.

I'm not a nig ssb guy
I'm wondering why we're a year into legal FM and Cobra, the petitioner, doesn't have anything. I get that they need to sell off existing stock, but to be caught flat footed like this suggests that they didn't expect to win this one.
Cobra like uniden and the rest has lost its way and more than likely will never come back. It has been countless years now and all they have done is ride the 29 to death. Let's make an army one, Dale Earnhardt, a pink one, a regular one (again) but with a green channel indicator, yea that's what people want. Pshhhh, I guarantee if they ever come out with an fm rig or any radio for that matter is gonna be some ridiculous handheld. My question is why are these companies so afraid of ssb as well? THATS what people want. Like a post above said. A cobra 158gtl! am/fm/ssb radio with regular lights mind you (wheat lamp meter and red ch numbers) would destroy the type accepted radio competition. They would sell big numbers for years to come, if they don't build them like cheap crap. BUT, nope, it's the walkie talkie you shall get hahahaha.

I'm not a nig ssb guy

Cobra like uniden and the rest has lost its way and more than likely will never come back. It has been countless years now and all they have done is ride the 29 to death. Let's make an army one, Dale Earnhardt, a pink one, a regular one (again) but with a green channel indicator, yea that's what people want. Pshhhh, I guarantee if they ever come out with an fm rig or any radio for that matter is gonna be some ridiculous handheld. My question is why are these companies so afraid of ssb as well? THATS what people want. Like a post above said. A cobra 158gtl! am/fm/ssb radio with regular lights mind you (wheat lamp meter and red ch numbers) would destroy the type accepted radio competition. They would sell big numbers for years to come, if they don't build them like cheap crap. BUT, nope, it's the walkie talkie you shall get hahahaha.
CB is a dead hobby with zero advancement. The market is no longer there to support innovation outsoft of what is being product overseas and those radios are just rebranding of the same chassis. Cell phones and the internet killed 11 meters, your best bet is buy the old stuff and forget about FM.

Reactions: Wire Weasel and Rwb
They are probably waiting for others to come out with FM to see how they sell. AFAIK only one selling FCC approved FM is President, and they only offer one model with CTCSS and DCS, a walkie talkie!

Reactions: Rwb
CB is a dead hobby with zero advancement. The market is no longer there to support innovation outsoft of what is being product overseas and those radios are just rebranding of the same chassis. Cell phones and the internet killed 11 meters, your best bet is buy the old stuff and forget about FM.
we will see how dead it is, I think there are a lot more milenials that are getting tired of the ai controled digital world. I see a lot of other new people in the hobby.
I started with a cobra 29 back in january and this has snowballed quickly. Me and another local cber my age are talking about having some local cb events and helping new people join the hobby.

The Cobra 19 mini would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce FM.

Attachments

• Cobra_2022-Refresh_Product_Hero-Banner_19MINI_NoProps_Mobile_v1_7f5ca321-7aae-49eb-ac61-b345cf...jpg
    Cobra_2022-Refresh_Product_Hero-Banner_19MINI_NoProps_Mobile_v1_7f5ca321-7aae-49eb-ac61-b345cf...jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 5
dunno. export radios go fm.never was right from the getgo. im happy to use ssb which needs r and d. they could step into ssb n make it better and we would buy the updated ssb radios

we will see how dead it is, I think there are a lot more milenials that are getting tired of the ai controled digital world. I see a lot of other new people in the hobby.
I started with a cobra 29 back in january and this has snowballed quickly. Me and another local cber my age are talking about having some local cb events and helping new people join the hobby.
LOL. This your Monday Morning Joke for us? The young people are NOT tired of their cell phones and their Instagrams and their Tik Toks and none of them have ever heard of a CB Radio and you will be laughed out of Walmart trying to talk anybody into getting into CB :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb
Well this must be a Holiday. You finally said something that makes a little sense :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: unit_399 and Rwb
Screw legal 4/12 watt 40 channels CB's. What a joke. Get a solid export or just do the smart thing and get a ham rig. There are plenty of them on the market that sound fine on AM and most all have 100 watts on FM & SSB. Always plenty of reasonable deal to be had on used ones.

Reactions: Rwb and sp5it
I haven’t had one on the bench yet, but the Radioddity CB-27 Pro with FM looks like it came from the same mold as the Cobra 19 MINI. Instead of the menu they replaced it with buttons. I like that improvement. For comparison I attached the manuals for both radios.

Attachments

• Cobra 19 MINI Manual.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Radioddity CB27PRO Manual.pdf
    15 MB · Views: 7

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.