• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where is all the skip?

Here's something fun

Attachments

• 27.025 bowl and a bean on 27.035.mp3
    1.9 MB · Views: 148
Worked Sweden on 17 meters yesterday. Not a good copy both ways but was able to make the contact.

Have not heard anything 15 meters and up for DX.

nice!

i waiting on europe dx to make it to the midwest,,,

in the mean time south america dx is here on 10m, worked Argentina on the drive at 5 on 28.395, Uruguay is on 28.455.

That is 3 SA dx contacts today!
(y)

it's been happening like since last week, odd,odd sounds on the radio when it's peaking.

i read somewhere that in the northern climates it is more effective on comms., so that some planes in that area are rerouted.-just read it, no personal exp. here.

i'll see what the dx is doing at lunch today, South america has been coming in at times off and on, i sure would like to work more countries when it opens up this summer.

Actually air traffic is rerouted due to the higher levels of solar radiation in the higher latitudes. Those areas receive much more solar radiation due to thinning of the ozone layer and when there are solar flares the levels really go up. It really is overkill IMHO but I suppose frequent flyers like air crews may receive the equivalent of many chest X-rays each year.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.