• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which CB Shops are still accepting mail-in repairs?

Not sure what you are getting at. I have been going to Clays for years now and have never seen anybody but Clay himself or Robert work on radios. I have been to his shop many times for different reasons since he has relocated to San Antonio.
Clay is fine. I patronized him years ago when I ran Texas and he was at the old Bar B's truckstop.

I was making a wise crack assuming he was hiring local country boys and training them like a lab monkey since they most likely wouldn't be schooled in electronics with a degree.

Then again, neither is Mr. Sherman.

When did you switch vehicles? OK the other guys radio sounds good. So this was recorded from both vehicles?
The recording was made on my 6666 in my vehicle. Halfway through I jumped out of my truck and he jumped out of his truck and I jumped in his truck and he jumped in my truck so you could hear my voice through his radio and demonstrated the audio you guys don't like to hear is directly related to my voice which you don't like but when the guy with the perfect radio voice jumps on the radio all of a sudden you like that radio. Both of our radios sound identical although you're only hearing the talk back of my radio.
His Echo was turned up a little too high for my liking but it doesn't really take away from the Fidelity of His Radio.

Clay is fine. I patronized him years ago when I ran Texas and he was at the old Bar B's truckstop.

I was making a wise crack assuming he was hiring local country boys and training them like a lab monkey since they most likely wouldn't be schooled in electronics with a degree.

Then again, neither is Mr. Sherman.

Yeah I have used Clays since the Bar b days myself. I would only hope that he would train a couple of guys with the experience and knowledge he has. They could probably make a decent living at it especially with how few good shops are out there. Lord knows Clays charges a pretty penny but I like the results from the work he has done for me.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
:whistle: I'll just leave this here, for the Rabbi to review.
I simply point out reality. Yes there's lots of good repair guys that recap antique radios and do basic alignments. There's nothing shameful in any of that and I don't quite see how it could be considered spam or abusive to point out the obvious. I think customers have a right to know what they are paying for. Russell Clift would spend 12 hours repairing a radio I bought used and he would get it dialed in as close as he was able to and would only charge me $20 for the repair and then I would take it over to someone else for the final tune. Once again there's lots of good repairmen scattered around the country.

I think customers have a right to know what they are paying for. ...Once again there's lots of good repairmen scattered around the country.

Who are you to say what others are capable of, you do not know what every shop can do, and to insist that you know what others can or cannot do, is abuse.

Making claims (with or without proof) and then
asking people to perform like your guy, is spam.

No one is here meet your personal expectations, and as always the burden of proof lies on you when you make these outlandish claims.
You have no interest in a scientific analysis, therefor you are not beyond reproach.

Once again, you do not know what others are capable of.
You are spamming in an indirect way.

You are one "customer" :ROFLMAO: speaking to thousands of unsuspecting people online, and you consistently attempt to paint a picture of other people's ability (or supposed lack thereof) in a negative light, by use of pseudo-scientific comparison.

Again,
an audio recording is not scientific proof or evidence that you can use to support your claim.
Even if it were, or you provide 3rd party evidence at some point (doubt it), you are still being abusive with your use of the forum & spamming with constant and shameless covert-advertising.

Last edited:
Who are you to say what others are capable of, you do not know what every shop can do, and to insist that you know what others can or cannot do, is abuse.

Making claims (with or without proof) and then
asking people to perform like your guy, is spam.

We are not to try and meet your personal expectations, and as always the burden of proof lies on you when you make these outlandish claims.
Once again, you do not know what others are capable of.
You are spamming in an indirect way.

You are one "customer" speaking to thousands of unsuspecting people online, and you consistently attempt to paint a picture of others' ability (or supposed lack thereof) in a negative light, by use of pseudo-comparison.

Again,
an audio recording is not scientific proof or evidence that you can use to support your claim.
Even if it were, or you provide 3rd party evidence at some point (doubt it), you are still being abusive with your use of the forum & spamming with constant and shameless covert-advertising.
I kinda see your point. I'll refrain from making negative comments about the 250 technicians I no longer have receipts for due to an IRS audit back in 2008.

I kinda see your point. I'll refrain from making negative comments about the 250 technicians I no longer have receipts for due to an IRS audit back in 2008.

No truck driver (in there right mind) spends money with "250 shops across USA", that is unverifiable nonsense. ( think how many shops even exist)
That sounds like something a neurotic tech would do, not a driver.
To boot, you've even provided a convenient excuse to as to why you cannot prove your statement.

3rd party testing or it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unit 194
3rd party testing or it didn't happen.
Not the audit, I bet that happened.
No truck driver (in there right mind) spends money with "250 shops across USA", that is unverifiable nonsense ( think how many shops even exist) and to boot you've even provided a convenient excuse to as to why you cannot prove your statement.
Nobody said I'm in my right mind. I'm always looking for a better tech. If you happen to find one let me know so I can put his work to the test.

Nobody said I'm in my right mind. I'm always looking for a better tech. If you happen to find one let me know so I can put his work to the test.
I would never offer somebody over to you, to be harassed (social media) and scrutinized by you, or "tech-extraordinaire", Mark "FineTune" Sherman.
"examined" 250 technicians work
That sounds like something a neurotic megalomaniac technician would do, not a driver.
If you are a simple driver, that means your claim, like your statements, hold no substantial water; how is your subjective analysis supposed to influence my informed spending decision? What 3rd party analysis can you share?
(I can see through you, how does it feel?)

Last edited:

250 techs back in 2008.
It was 50 then 60 and now its 250.

I asked you once before if you could establish any proof of your 130 Galaxy 99s.
You ignored that.
Then about the 50 or 60 techs. Number varied sometimes even in the same thread.
You ignored that too.

Let's be generous on the price of $175 per radio since you were buying bulk and come to the 22k conclusion.

And the now 250 technicians that probably charged you an average of at least 75 dollars for another ~18K

I see a few possibilities...
1. Your not being truthful.
2. You have no expenses.. and you live off others.
3. Your into something illicit.
4. You won the lottery.
5. You are rich guy posing as a lowly truck driver. See #4

People are going to read this stuff. They are going to think you are crazy.
They are going to see your infatuation with Sherman and shy away from him because he will do nothing to denounce your harassment, bullying, and intimidation of others.
And they should avoid him because he is guilty by association.
He can't control his customers but you are an extreme case and you are acting in his name. Yet he does nothing?

So that makes me wonder about Mark Sherman..
Is he a little off?
Perhaps he enjoys this.
Or, does he feel threatened by you?
Because .. you seem to not be the most stable guy out there.

The picture painted by you of him and yourself is very unflattering.

It also begs the question as to why the moderators of this site have not put a stop to you a long time ago.

250 techs back in 2008.
It was 50 then 60 and now its 250.

I asked you once before if you could establish any proof of your 130 Galaxy 99s.
You ignored that.
Then about the 50 or 60 techs. Number varied sometimes even in the same thread.
You ignored that too.

Let's be generous on the price of $175 per radio since you were buying bulk and come to the 22k conclusion.

And the now 250 technicians that probably charged you an average of at least 75 dollars for another ~18K

I see a few possibilities...
1. Your not being truthful.
2. You have no expenses.. and you live off others.
3. Your into something illicit.
4. You won the lottery.
5. You are rich guy posing as a lowly truck driver. See #4

People are going to read this stuff. They are going to think you are crazy.
They are going to see your infatuation with Sherman and shy away from him because he will do nothing to denounce your harassment, bullying, and intimidation of others.
And they should avoid him because he is guilty by association.
He can't control his customers but you are an extreme case and you are acting in his name. Yet he does nothing?

So that makes me wonder about Mark Sherman..
Is he a little off?
Perhaps he enjoys this.
Or, does he feel threatened by you?
Because .. you seem to not be the most stable guy out there.

The picture painted by you of him and yourself is very unflattering.

It also begs the question as to why the moderators of this site have not put a stop to you a long time ago.
Sounds like you're making numbers up.
130 Galaxy 99 radios in 2004 does not translate to 250 so I'm not sure how you're coming up with your math.
However after the initial testing was done in 2005 that's still gave me 10 years to pay a visit to another hundred and twenty shops.
However, I'll leave it at this, if you really want to know how good someone's work is then it might be prudent to purchase two identical radios and take them to two different technicians and compare those two radios side by side. When an incoming signal from a fixed location is detected by one radio and the other is unable to detect the signal, it becomes impossible to blame the manufacturer. A little bit of logic and Common Sense can go a long ways towards understanding how things work.

Sounds like you're making numbers up.
130 Galaxy 99 radios in 2004 does not translate to 250 so I'm not sure how you're coming up with your math.

Allow me to refresh your memory.

I only criticise distorted audio. You don't like my audio because you hate my voice. That's ok. My audio perfectly replicates my voice without distortion. I don't hear that type of audio often. When I do, it gets a compliment. There was approximately 130 galaxy 99's that went to various shops around the country and I kept the one that outperformed all of them. I'll give you one guess who tuned that radio. If you find me a better tech, send me his info. Just make sure his audio sounds better than this, Ok?

http://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/is-mike-delusional.224889/page-5#post-612942

Would you care to amend your statement now?
Or do you still maintain that you sent "approximately" 130 Galaxy 99s off to various shops and kept the one that allegedly was done by Sherman?

"I (allegedly) spent a small fortune so you should believe me"
Third party where?
(n)

My issue with this is that it's guys like this.. rabbi Scot here and Sherman that give our hobby a bad name.

How can anyone take the CB community seriously when it's full of bile like these two.
They harass and intimidate anyone that does not agree with them.
Level false accusations.
Try to discredit anyone that is doing the right thing because it interferes with their right to exploit other members of the community.

They are a pestilence that sulks in the shadows and we need to expose it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.