• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which would be the better setup

Mr Clean

May 21, 2005
Ok this is the deal. Putting up a tower this spring. Will be Rohn 25G unless I can find a deal on a crankup. I just want one tower to keep the wife happy. Do you think I would be better off with a 5 element Maco flat and have a 10K 6 or 7 feet above it or go for a HV 105 dual polarity with a stick type antenna mounted on side at 36 ft at the base. Tower is going to be 70 ft not counting mass pipe Trying to get ready for next cycle and want to be ready. I am up on a hill and catch a good bit of wind. What would be the best setup

Best set-up:
72' crank up with 5HV and I-10K.

The 5HV gives you options the 5-flat doesn't. The I-10k over a "stick" is.....well, you probably already know that answer!

--------------------

70' of Rohn 25G with a HAZER would be awesome too. Mix and match antennas as the budget allows.

Park you havent seen my wife. Shes mean! :cry: And I don't want more than one tower. I like keeping the place looking as neat as possible. Man did I say that. I must be getting old :shock:

Mounting the vertical on the side of the tower is going to decrease reception in the direction of the tower from the antenna. Mounting it over the beam would provide omnidirectional reception evenly. Which would be best for you? Beats me. Which would you prefer?
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.