• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who does quality radio alignment?

Eldorado828,
What board does the X9 have in it? Is there a service manual or schematics available for this radio?

I would never be brash enough to state "I'm good", that is for others to decide but can only state I am fair and honest. Since I have a 50-70 hour a week regular job, I don't do it for the money(translation quite reasonable) but it can also take time as my "real job" takes priority.

EDIT:
Found the board number. It is EPT950M10B

David
Mr @Dmans thank you for the offer sir.

It's crazy how difficult it is to find a good shop these days, I've got one 3 hrs south of me that does good work but like you I have a job/family so there's no way to have a full spare day just to go get a radio aligned. The radio is essentially brand new, I did the 11 meter conversion myself along with turning down the extremely high carrier and it'sbeen in the box since. It's really a good looking radio, all functions correctly other than it being off frequency.
I figure since I own it, it needs to be able to talk when I need a little more powa so the reason for my question in this thread.

Mr @Dmans thank you for the offer sir.

It's crazy how difficult it is to find a good shop these days, I've got one 3 hrs south of me that does good work but like you I have a job/family so there's no way to have a full spare day just to go get a radio aligned. The radio is essentially brand new, I did the 11 meter conversion myself along with turning down the extremely high carrier and it'sbeen in the box since. It's really a good looking radio, all functions correctly other than it being off frequency.
I figure since I own it, it needs to be able to talk when I need a little more powa so the reason for my question in this thread.
What exactly do you want done?

I find it very suspicious when you have a technician who feels compelled to make a video that bashes another technician. Why would you make this video?? "Oh... to save us all from this terrible technician, who after 53 years in the business, blah blah blah blah....." I believe I'll go with what I know and the technician I know, and then I'll put this particular video in the garbage, because it smells.... Oh does it smell. "And that's all I got to say about that" FG

Reactions: undertaker
Yeah the video was going good then the bash happened so it leaves a guy wondering why. Why go there? That's really no different than the evicted desert guy.....

If you do good work, let the work prove it and let the word of mouth bring in the clientele! Yeah there's shady practices out there and we all already know there is so there's no need to bash others.... Geeez man, now back to square one.....

Reactions: Brother DXer
Yeah the video was going good then the bash happened so it leaves a guy wondering why. Why go there? That's really no different than the evicted desert guy.....

If you do good work, let the work prove it and let the word of mouth bring in the clientele! Yeah there's shady practices out there and we all already know there is so there's no need to bash others.... Geeez man, now back to square one.....
Very well said. It's hard to understand why, brother.

Reactions: undertaker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.