• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who is "THE MAN" when it comes to the Cobra 200GTL

your absolutely right, i don't make it my practice to mention other technicians or shops not good business to leave negative comments, i believe if you have good technical skills you will be rewarded with customers which i have. i really hate to get into he said she said i believe this forum is better than that, yesterday was my first time here, and i like what i seen. so if i have offended anyone on the forum i apologize. but some people need to know what their talking about, before they make negative comments about someone. thank you 73's

Well Wizard maybe I was given wrong info on you hanging out at 1stop. And Maybe some of the radios with cap mods that people stated were done by wizard maybe not the same one they were same as 1stop. And if that is true I apoligise. It is possible I made a mistake.

supposedly there is a wizard in kalifornia that also makes some tube amps and does radio repairs...I saw one of his amps for sale on another forum, (1) 4CX250B Base Amp. which looked quite nice, except for the cheap labeling.

NorthStar said:
I was reading some of the CB Forums this evening on the net. I got a real good laugh at a couple of forums. Information being provided and some of the advise was really incorrect. It is sad that alot of people are misguided in the hobby. I am glad that all in all this forum provides the best and most accuruate information for radio hobbies on the net.

After reading this I was suprised at the post you made about Wizard.

I have personnally dealt with wizard and he is straight up. He did some great work on my madison. He also keeps you up to date on everything with either email or a phone call.

Take it for what its worth. I have my favorite techs as does everybody else. And I dont think there is a post I have done that I have bashed a tech. The best thing to do and its by trial and error is to find a tech that you feel comfortable with. I actually have bought from more places than care to mention. I also use to buy from the famed eei :shock: :roll: now where are they. You have bad techs (anyone remember old #7) and you have good ones. Its trial and error. The 200 is a great radio. I dont think you can go wrong with it for the price. The more I use this radio the more I like this thing.

i agree with DD. the bad techs will do themselfs in. look for someone with along history of radio repairs and return customers. let the hacks weed themselfs out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.