• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who is "THE MAN" when it comes to the Cobra 200GTL

I am seriously looking into buying a Cobra 200GTL and since it is such a new radio I am wondering who is the best person to buy one from that can debug it and modify it for super clean loud modulation on all modes. I don't want anyone that hacks CB's, I want a good all around tech that is familiar with the Cobra 200GTL. I have already been looking around to see, But I would like real world opinions on who can really make this radio rock. Please help me.

Thanks,

Cobra export radios are what they are. Their is some small changes that can be made and fixes. But for the most part just a normal tuneup and a alignment using Proper Test Equipment will work just fine.

Re: Who is "THE MAN" when it comes to the Cobra 20

broncoman529 said:
I am seriously looking into buying a Cobra 200GTL and since it is such a new radio I am wondering who is the best person to buy one from that can debug it and modify it for super clean loud modulation on all modes. I don't want anyone that hacks CB's, I want a good all around tech that is familiar with the Cobra 200GTL. I have already been looking around to see, But I would like real world opinions on who can really make this radio rock. Please help me.

Thanks,
The Cobra 200GTLDX is a great value for the money. To get the bugs worked out send it to Wizard..... www.wizardbuilt.com He has been working with a Cobra Engineer to solve most of the problems with the radio... I read this on another board.

DTB Radio, Communications Experts are a couple here on the forum that know how to tune these radios properly.

NorthStar said:
People like him is what keeps the real guys in business.
Well he must be doing something right because alot of people ....from the other boards are sending their new Cobra 200 and 150 GTLs to Wizard and they are posting how good their radios are working now.... Anyway take your radio to whoever you want!!! Matter of fact if you buy one and it does not work right... send it back to Cobra first they will fix it for free.

I learned along time ago that cbradioforum is full of fakes. You ever wonder why they aren't here huh? Real World Electronics in Monee sees 1stop's work all the time. They get to rework their cap mods and align the radios.

I certainly won't say I'm the best, but I can definitely make the 200 talk like a champ AND be free of audio harmonic distortion at the same time. I also make custom faceplates for them, which is something I haven't seen any other shops offer.

To NorthStar

To NorthStar
i have know idea where you are getting your info from, but i do not hangout at 1 stop, they are about 80 miles round trip. now i do repairs for 1 stop when he cannot figure it out, but i also do work for many other cb shops. and i do not, absolutely not do cap modifications, i am a repair shop and a amplifier builder, if that other cb shop is telling you about some cap mod i do , they are full of it. and if my work was not any good why would galaxy, cobra, magnum ect.....recommend customers to me. i am not an alley part-time tech

What an Idiot

NorthStar said:
I learned along time ago that cbradioforum is full of fakes. You ever wonder why they aren't here huh? Real World Electronics in Monee sees Wizards work and 1stop's all the time. They get to rework their cap mods and align the radios.

Who do you think you are? I see a lot of people from here hang out at 1 stop. I hang over there to. I also hang at cb tricks and quackshack. So you are calling all of us fakes. I also have heard nothing but good things about wizard. Do you have to tear people down because of your infidelities as a tech or are you even a tech? What kind of credentials do you have? Yeah thats what I thought None.

it's like I've said time and time again , talk about what works well for a radio or what doesn't work well for a radio , but start putting down folks by name , tends to piss people off . Man is truly intitled to his opinion but pointing fingers (judgement) can cause termoil,hate and discontent. Keep your own side of the road clean and use good judgement to sweep it that way. If your ever in a room full of people and you decide to look around to find an a$$hole and you can't ? .......guess what ? )-: Happy Holidays

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.