• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who wants to see what a radio wave looks like?

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
This guy came with some real genius here.
He was able to use some simple gear and come up with the means to see the peaks and valleys in a 2.4gHz CW mode signal.

The red light that you are seeing is the peak of the wave, while the green represents the negative peak. So from each red band to the next, you have one complete wavelength.

Can you eventually see the potential here? If one can get more different colors in between the red and green; then one can eventually see the entire wave as it is propagating.

If you watch the video, you can see just how he arrived at his find.

Any one with a background in electrical engineering can reproduce the same result. But more than that, it is fair enough to watch and see what we know is there. We have to believe it is there first, and the means to quantify it and realize came after.

Anyway, I thought it was very cool.
Enjoy . . .

MAKE | Seeing EM Waves With a Single LED

Attachments

• Visualizing-EM-waves-with-long-exposure-photography.jpg
    Visualizing-EM-waves-with-long-exposure-photography.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 374

This guy came with some real genius here.
He was able to use some simple gear and come up with the means to see the peaks and valleys in a 2.4gHz CW mode signal.

The red light that you are seeing is the peak of the wave, while the green represents the negative peak. So from each red band to the next, you have one complete wavelength.

Can you eventually see the potential here? If one can get more different colors in between the red and green; then one can eventually see the entire wave as it is propagating.

If you watch the video, you can see just how he arrived at his find.

Any one with a background in electrical engineering can reproduce the same result. But more than that, it is fair enough to watch and see what we know is there. We have to believe it is there first, and the means to quantify it and realize came after.

Anyway, I thought it was very cool.
Enjoy . . .

MAKE | Seeing EM Waves With a Single LED

AT&T Archives : Similarities of Wave Behavior

Ok... so imagine you are in your room. Off in the distance to your left there is an AM radio station, to your right there is an FM station. Imagine you have super RF seeing eyes :blink:

You look to your left and you see a redish light coming through the wall. It gets brighter and dimmer as it amplitude modulates a signal to you.

You look to your right and see a blueish light coming through the wall. It gets a little more blueish purple, and a little more greenish blue as it frequency modulates a signal.

I imagine that's what "seeing" radio waves would be like.

Ok... so imagine you are in your room. Off in the distance to your left there is an AM radio station, to your right there is an FM station. Imagine you have super RF seeing eyes :blink:

You look to your left and you see a redish light coming through the wall. It gets brighter and dimmer as it amplitude modulates a signal to you.

You look to your right and see a blueish light coming through the wall. It gets a little more blueish purple, and a little more greenish blue as it frequency modulates a signal.

I imagine that's what "seeing" radio waves would be like.

Is this what happens when you eat schrooms? Just kidding

It would have louder audio if it were transmitted through a Predator 10-k

Would be real nice if that guy would show us the Data that his tech guy was supposed to share with us....you remember, the Government guy with the test equipment that was going to show us all how that antenna has Audio Gain.
That and the Paperwork showing how bigger coils use Quantum Physics to draw power from Free space to deliver more power out than what is put in........

Jeff

It would have louder audio if it were transmitted through a Predator 10-k

I just got a great idea. Who wants to see a predator 10k with mercury sprinkles? Now that's some quantum physics! Magic

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

I just got a great idea. Who wants to see a predator 10k with mercury sprinkles? Now that's some quantum physics! Magic

How are you gonna get the mercury to adhere to the aluminum, maybe a milk/egg wash baked at 350 for one hour?

How are you gonna get the mercury to adhere to the aluminum, maybe a milk/egg wash baked at 350 for one hour?

Not a bad idea. Cannot and will not discuss chem cooking on this forum. U try it Mack let me know. I do have mercury paste easy simple effective.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.