• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who's the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2018-10-15_153846.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-15_153846.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-10-15_153846.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 136
Let me put on my scuba suit cause it's fixing' to get deep and all over me...

I like the amps I build, personally. If I wasn't gonna build one then I guess I'd buy a Texas Star, I kinda like those amps.

If I was gonna buy one though, not a company built box but one like a comp box, oh boy... I'd say I would buy one from BBi. I kinda like ole Lucas myself.. but with that said I have to say that Gatekeeper (Thomas) is building some really pretty stuff, least on camera anyway. The ones he's had painted inside and out, those are pretty boxes.

Ok, lemme have it... I feel the stones and rotten fruit flying right now.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
IN YOUR OPINION

Who's the best amp builder?
And why?
You are.

No one will build an Amp just the way you want it . I'll leave you with just one example.

AN762_140_XLg__57219.1399602154.1280.1280.jpg

http://www.communication-concepts.com/an762/

From the mind of the master , Helge O. Granberg .

Do the math for I/O and many other transistors can be substituted.

Before you succumb to instant gratification and money out of your wallet for inflated claims and dismal results at least look.

I'm not arguing that, but when the company says we're on channel 26, they expect everyone else to be on the same band/frequency/channel, it's part of their contract to have certain equipment and CB radio is one of them, and as a pilot car you can be a few miles ahead of the loads at times.

I'm done arguing with you about truckers and CB. If I had it my way, we would all use 2m HTs so I wouldn't need a a permanent install and it would be clean audio.

Thanks for the information on what foot warmer I should get.

Let's talk, I'm open ...... This may just fit your needs.....

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/for-sale-palomar-tx-100-amplifier-refurbished.232734/

I have only one solid state amplifier & it is AWESOME & I think the BEST ever made.It is an ICOM PW-1.It takes care of my needs & gets me thru the pileups with no issues. You may buy a New one for just under $5000.It works like a champ with my ICOM 7600 & the only time I ever touch it is to turn it on & it does the rest even when I change bands it's all fully automatic.It is SWEET.The ICOM 7600 does NOT have any mods so I have no idea if the PW-1 works on 11 meters or not but I do my DX talking on HF because it is EASY & that 1200 watts of PEP is LEGAL there and no noise toys allowed there which is also AWESOME!.I still don't know why people call a transistor a pill? Just call it what it is? {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

I have only one solid state amplifier & it is AWESOME & I think the BEST ever made.It is an ICOM PW-1.It takes care of my needs & gets me thru the pileups with no issues. You may buy a New one for just under $5000.It works like a champ with my ICOM 7600 & the only time I ever touch it is to turn it on & it does the rest even when I change bands it's all fully automatic.It is SWEET.The ICOM 7600 does NOT have any mods so I have no idea if the PW-1 works on 11 meters or not but I do my DX talking on HF because it is EASY & that 1200 watts of PEP is LEGAL there and no noise toys allowed there which is also AWESOME!.I still don't know why people call a transistor a pill? Just call it what it is? {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

Icom PW-1 to operate on 11 meter requires removing one surface mount diode..... that's all.
And I do understand that this is some information you are not interested in.
Just sayin' ......

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated