• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who's your Favorite Dealer to buy new Radios?

I deal with the Larry at The Quackshack He has always been great to deal with and you can call them up and guess who answers the phone?? Yep Larry! Check out the prices on his website. He is cheaper than anybody that I have found and his service is OUTSTANDING!
www.thequackshack.com

1 )I will have to 2nd the vote for the "Quackshack".. ;) :)
for on the net..
2) Berubes truck accessories in Bow,N.H.

1) Purchasing from the "Quack" is almost as easy as asking questions (and getting HONEST info 8) :D :D ) around "Moles House"..Here I don't spend any $$$$ ;) :LOL: :LOL:

If only we could get a "Satellite Shop" on the East Coast :p :p ;) .

Great customer service,good prices and follow up ....He actually still answers questions after the sale 8) 8) ;)

2) Good 'Lil shop less than 30 minute ride from the house,good work and not a "golden screwdriver" BUT the only shop around and usually up to their elbows in radios..If they make an 'Ooops they fix it..I just don't like to go back twice.. ;)
Only likes to stock Unidens and Galaxy's but will order what you ask them too. :LOL: ;) Almost forgot,very good prices on "bench work"...

Snoope back quiet

NorthStar said:
Please list where you prefer to buy new equipment from. Online or Offline

Great question, why not post it as a Poll and let people vote think of a few , I think we can have 10 choices.

Maybe make 2 polls

One for amateur radio and one for CB

I buy from copper/hy when they have good deals. I don't have them do any tech work, I buy it bone stock and send it elsewhere for alignment/tuning/mods. Maybe if they posted a picture of their bench and test equipment, and posted the tech who does the work's credentials, I'd be more comfortable about it. But they've never approved any posts in which I've tried to ask for details about this. They are evasive about it.

I will definitely try quackshack next time I want a radio. I have heard nothing but glowing reports about them, that's all I need to hear. They have a good forum, too.

I have bought new radios from the following shops and was very pleased with both radios.

General Lee from 1Stop Electronics
RCI 2950 DX from 8541 Electronics

Both have websites.

Got two used radios off of ebay with respectable results.

For ham I use AES, and Ham Radio Outlet...I like them both. AES is very close the eqipment gets here quick and HRO is pretty much just as fast.

I bought from Burghardt's one time and they did OK. I sent an MO certified mail and they couldn't figure out they had to sign for it, so it sat in the PO box for quite a while.

I haven't bought CB stuff for 2 years or so but when I did I liked premiere...I haven't bought from them recently.

For Ham, I like R and L electronics out of Ohio. www.randl.com Great service, fast shipping, stuff I want is nearly always in stock.
I've also had good experiences with Lentini and Universal Radio.
For scanners and more monitoring type stuff I like Grove Enterprises. CCrane has some pretty nice stuff, but they can be a little pricey on some things (usually the cool stuff, lol)

Galaxy DX2547 P&T from 1Stop (had to send it back to be gone over for SSB was way oof frequency)
Antenna from R &L Electronics in Ohio (they are fast shipping and will answer all questions along with good prices)

When I was married, we used CB in all vehicles. At the time my ex and I bred and showed AKC registered Siberian Huskies and we were on the road going to dog shows. I used to buy CB equipment from a Radio Shack "associated" store.

After we split I bought no new equipment as I was satisfied with the radios.

Went into amateur radio and used to buy from a store called EGE in VA til they were bought by HRO and used them. I don't use the VA store now. For some reasion the HRO in DE gets things to me the day after I order, and VA still takes two days. Soooo I buy from DE now.

Also have bought from AES and get things from them in 2 days. I'm in MD.

favorite dealer

I've had great customer service from CBR Electronics in VA. Fair prices too. Chris and Ronnie will do what it takes to make ya happy. I've done business with HY, Copper, Bob's CB and Placo. Palco Electronics was great to deal with also. Don't really care for HY or Copper and Bob's CB was ok.
Personally I would highly recommend BIGHAWAIIAN for all radio and linear amplifier purchases, he is without a doubt the most honest reliable guy out there. NOT! :p

LoneWolf TN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.