• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why are Hams so kinda Snobby? curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes people are the way they are because others acknowledge the behavior which causes self validation. More often than not, ignoring the behavior and thus not proactively validating it is the best way to make it go away.

Wow, did I just type that, or did Dr. Phil take over my body for a sec? :unsure:

STEP AWAY FROM THE SELF HELP BOOK! NOW OR WE WILL HAVE TO HAVE AN INTERVENTION! :w00t:

Quick, somebody mail him the latest copy of Penthouse to get him back on track.

Sometimes people are the way they are because others acknowledge the behavior which causes self validation. More often than not, ignoring the behavior and thus not proactively validating it is the best way to make it go away.

Wow, did I just type that, or did Dr. Phil take over my body for a sec? :unsure:

An eloquently preformed piece of politically correct oratory.

I just reread this thread and Mole, I am impressed!

Unfortunately the typical internet troll does not conform to "normal" Psychological profiles :LOL:

You're confusing snobby with literate. Don't worry, the bands will dumb down more as time wears on. 3.810 has guys talking fart jokes, picking their toes and 'drankin' all the time. If that is what you want, it's there, you just have to find it.

The other side to the coin is, try to have an intelligent discussion for any length of time on 75m, it's almost impossible. We get people cursing and making threats, all sorts of nonsense because they are too thick to understand how to have a civil discussion. If they don't understand something, they get angry and respond like an eight year old.....a lot like CB was when I was active there.

It's similar to the football players that used to punch the nerds. They get angry when they realize the limits of their intellect. It must be a horrible thing when one realizes they can't understand someone speaking the same language.

Been licensed here for 30 yrs..started with CB.. If I meet a new Ham and tell them I still like CB they look at me like a Moron.. why is that.. they are small minded in my minded and I hate that.. Doug
This is a hypothetical question without proper punctuation so in the beginning you've made yourself look like an idiot and makes you small minded for imagining someone would act this way towards you.

Suggestion 1: seek professional help for your mental issue.

Suggestion 2: use proper punctuation the next time you wish to form a sentence especially if you're attempting to curry the favor of a peer group.

Suggestion 3: Move out of your parents house and get your own life.

You're confusing snobby with literate. Don't worry, the bands will dumb down more as time wears on. 3.810 has guys talking fart jokes, picking their toes and 'drankin' all the time. If that is what you want, it's there, you just have to find it.

The other side to the coin is, try to have an intelligent discussion for any length of time on 75m, it's almost impossible. We get people cursing and making threats, all sorts of nonsense because they are too thick to understand how to have a civil discussion. If they don't understand something, they get angry and respond like an eight year old.....a lot like CB was when I was active there.

It's similar to the football players that used to punch the nerds. They get angry when they realize the limits of their intellect. It must be a horrible thing when one realizes they can't understand someone speaking the same language.

You guys are hanging out too high on the band. There are some GREAT operators that hang on 3735 and 3725 almost every evening. They range from Newfoundland westward to Ontario. Maybe that is a little too low in the band for phone for you guys. :D I know that Beetle knows a lot of good ops even lower in the band around 3510 or so too. ;)

This is a hypothetical question without proper punctuation so in the beginning you've made yourself look like an idiot and makes you small minded for imagining someone would act this way towards you.

Suggestion 1: seek professional help for your mental issue.

Suggestion 2: use proper punctuation the next time you wish to form a sentence especially if you're attempting to curry the favor of a peer group.

Suggestion 3: Move out of your parents house and get your own life.

Mack, lets not make this personal.Please refrain from these sort of remarks.

Mack, lets not make this personal.Please refrain from these sort of remarks.
What the hell difference is there in calling someone small-minded and cutting through the red tap and calling them a straight up idiot for starting a troll thread like this? I'll tell you, not one bit of diffence.

He's an idiot for doing it and that's my opinion.

Demonstrating the fact that you are an idiot and calling someone an idiot are two completely differant things.All I am asking is to tone it down a bit and don't stir up something.
Remember seeing this anywhere on the forum?

What is the Worldwide Radio Forum all about?The Worldwide Radio Forum is an online community made up of devoted enthusiasts of the Radio hobbies. Unlike other radio related sites, this Forum is not dedicated to a specific radio service, but instead opens its doors to all radio related activities. All enthusiasts and operators of anything radio related are welcome here, including Amateurs (Hams), CB'ers, and any others. This is NOT the place to publicly pass judgment on other radio operators practices or skills. The forum also provides a showcase for small companies and individuals to showcase their radio related products directly to their target audience in the form of web based advertising. For details on how to advertise your company on the Worldwide Radio Forum, please contact the Administrator. This forum contains one of the finest online collections of individual hobbyists and professional technicians. Courtesy and respect toward others are expected of everyone, but above all, HAVE FUN!

Mack, look at the mess, its exactly what was wanted. I do agree the guy posts nothing but useless drivel, and I imagine if he keeps up he will eventually be warned, or even better banned for it. Until then don't leave Mr. Dog, the Troll win!

This is NOT the place to publicly pass judgment on other radio operators practices or skills. Courtesy and respect toward others are expected of everyone, but above all, HAVE FUN!

QRN, by the letter of the rules I would have to say MR.Dog's post, along with multiple others from him go completely against the above statement. This thread is just one of his which violate the policy.

Demonstrating the fact that you are an idiot and calling someone an idiot are two completely differant things.All I am asking is to tone it down a bit and don't stir up something.
Remember seeing this anywhere on the forum?

What is the Worldwide Radio Forum all about?The Worldwide Radio Forum is an online community made up of devoted enthusiasts of the Radio hobbies. Unlike other radio related sites, this Forum is not dedicated to a specific radio service, but instead opens its doors to all radio related activities. All enthusiasts and operators of anything radio related are welcome here, including Amateurs (Hams), CB'ers, and any others. This is NOT the place to publicly pass judgment on other radio operators practices or skills. The forum also provides a showcase for small companies and individuals to showcase their radio related products directly to their target audience in the form of web based advertising. For details on how to advertise your company on the Worldwide Radio Forum, please contact the Administrator. This forum contains one of the finest online collections of individual hobbyists and professional technicians. Courtesy and respect toward others are expected of everyone, but above all, HAVE FUN!
I don't see you waving this flag at the guy who started this thread, must be one of your fellow canduks, now that's a small minded comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.