• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why did Uniden Quit

to bad too the Grant XL's are fantastic Cb radios. modded out for extra freq's the best receive i think on any radio and great smooth audio clean with the alc intact. and durable trouble free.

I watched on the sidelines as the last of the Grant LTs came around, could have bought them for $100 each.

Wonder who has the very last one?

My grant XL is awesome and would like a Grant LT someday....pricey now, but still made in the philippines which is a great aspect if you ask me

It's a product of people spending too much time on AM and not enough time on SSB .

I started a SSB club here in my local area a few years back , and half the people had no idea how to even operate a radio on sideband . People spend so much time on AM and most don't even take the time to try and learn the other modes that their radios have to offer . SSB has always been my favorite mode and Uniden is definitely one of the best manufactures of the SSB radio ... it's a sad thing when a great thing is lost because people just don't want to try and learn something new .

I don't know if I agree with you on the issue of Uniden being one of the best producers of ssb radios. I think under all the name plates that RCI produces one of the best ssb radios in the 2950-2970 models. Uniden made an exceptional one in the HR series. But I think for the serious ssb user the Ranger products produce radios that are very stable and don't drift. Thats my 2 cents worth.

Where do you think RCI got the boards they used for the 2950? They took Unidens design and refined it a step further. Uniden is/was by far the number one player. Everything today is a copy or re-make of what Uniden did first.

I don't know if I agree with you on the issue of Uniden being one of the best producers of ssb radios. I think under all the name plates that RCI produces one of the best ssb radios in the 2950-2970 models. Uniden made an exceptional one in the HR series. But I think for the serious ssb user the Ranger products produce radios that are very stable and don't drift. Thats my 2 cents worth.

Understood but you are comparing apples to oranges you are talking a 300 dollar 10 meter radio compared to a 10 year old radio you could get for around 150 dollars. I know the rci 2950 and the 2970 or real good radios but not the same as a uniden grant xl cb radio with ssb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.