• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why Do YOU Use an Amplifier?

Slowmover, here is the portion i was referring to:

imageedit_2_6009754791.gif

either there or on the driver's side in the same spot.

LC

Petes' ... hmmm - now I can see why - they have those up from the side mirrors.

How do you like them? I now know what you're up against so you have my sympathies with regards to the Boss'.

I thought they'd have "cowl mounting" off and up the side above the escape hatch frame for you to have some place to mount your stuff...

At least he was trying to put you in a nicer truck but to be honest - I'll take an old International or Freightshaker from the 90's generation any day - at least they still used analog metering...

At least you could watch the show - took a long h*ll of a time to warm up and be ready but - the show was worth it. You had an excuse to put in your logs to really truly mean - waited for air pressure warn light to extinguish...;)

The truck is great. Both interior spec & drivetrain.

No, you wouldn’t trade it for something of twenty years ago. Even if both were brand-new. A long list of “why”.

Granted, the transceiver problem is significant to itself. Some experiments are in order.

I run a Uniden 980 into a RM203p and currently I am using a Tram triple mag mount and Tram TBC9 antenna. Without amp I’m at 1 1/2 watt swinging to about 8 and with amp it’s about 23 swinging to 90 ish. I’m in the Chicago area and have truckstops and highways everywhere so in order to talk more than 3-4 miles around here you need a little power plus we have idiots on channel 20 who run HUGE power and bleed from 17-23 most daylight hours.

none never had the need for one.
i have several here nib never took them out of the box

I guess if you can’t be the greatest then you have to be part of the greatest, I guess. Or if you can’t be part of the greatest then you gotta be the greatest yourself.

It helps if you’re “worldwide” and you work on radios, it brings you business or it does me. Did when I ran an amp anyway. I found that now it’s better to be dead on frequency and crystal clear, that’s brought me even more business.
Gee Sith, You never mentioned that you are a radio tech???. . . . you know that I was born into "PRIVILEGE" sorry NO BRAG JUST FACT. . . . I mean really who gets to choose who they are going to be born to as in parent, some of us are just lucky I guess. . . . . I had a Black Nanny and the family had a cook,2 maids, a Butler and a chauffeur? Anyway we should talk business! YES??
P.S. But just for the record I worked my way through College, I wouldn't accept any money from my parents . . . . . Well maybe just once,I was a little short, just once! on my tuition payment for the current semester?

I don’t call myself a tech but I do have a shop here at my house and do quite a bit of radio work. Mostly I put all the things that others have clipped and removed back in place and do alignments. That’s something that no other radio shop in this area has ever mentioned to any of their “customers”.

I know enough to get into trouble, I guess. There’s still a lot I don’t know and I’ll admit that when it confronts me, I don’t fake it til I make it. I try not to pretend to be someone or something that I’m not, even I ask for help here.

I can say that so far, I’ve never had a radio returned and it seems every one of them that goes out the door brings another one or two in its place. So I guess they sound and perform good or maybe everybody in this county is tone deaf or something? Hahaha

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.