• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why would you ever possibly need these connector "adapters".

Shenzhen - north-central Yorkshire.

Ref: Reply #8 -- A BALUN chain? I've heard of "ball and chain", but this is completely different ;)

Nope...

I've seen dudes connect a choke to the base of a balun. Just depends on what connectors are on the balun and choke. I usually put a choke at the radio. Just a lot of weight and looks cornballish doing it that way.

Kinda similar to this:

eBay item #281409211617

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark I'm still lost. Maybe it's the lack of sleep the last four nights. Father inlaw not doing well and had a bad fall the other day. Wife not sleeping and keeping me up too. My mind is mush. Anyway if this connector can be used between two items then the two items will connect directly together providing there is enough space. Perhaps that is the reason........space between them.

years ago i seen some being used in a military surplus radio shack/room by a ham he said he used them as a swr bump in some lines he had going out for some reason........didnt explore no farther just there for him to do a mod on a cb i had back then,,, this was back in the mid 70s..........

May work well on a antenna switch box, to make it easier to remove one coax from the 'bunch' as it would stick out a bit more. Recessed antenna SO239 on the back of a two meter mobile?

73 mechanic

Yep, the recessed SO239 would be a good use. I say we all buy 5, then look for reasons to use them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.