• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

will GainMaster Produce the higher wattage Version?

So here is the latest news from Italy 12/04/2012 so received today. They will now evaluate the costs in making a "high power" Gain Master. While there is no deadline, no firm news and no estimated time or anything am happy to say that they will now make the steps to check out the idea and if it is commercially viable. This was an email exchange the last few weeks and this news is the hottest.

When they tell me more and if they tell me more will write it here. But the designer has today written positive words and how he wants to test this idea in various weather related ways, making sure the antenna is strong enough when built etc and the costs will now be investigated.

Thats it.

and / or make available a modification kit for current Gain Master owners so it can be modified in the field...

thanks for keeping us updated!

So it is my belief there will be or could be:whistle: a new Gain Master as Lorenzo told already they would need to replace the coax that sits like a balun around the bottom of the antenna and also the capacitor. I think now sadly the chances of a service part would not be ok. I believe, they will try and design a new high power version, whether 1/2 or otherwise.

At the moment they will carry out some tests, some costings and remember it needs and will need a lot of changes to make the antenna work and also needs to be viable on the market place.

I PROMISE when there is news i tell you here, am in regular contact via email and other means so we will have the news sure.

It's just stupid that they (Sirio) don't offer a version which will handle full-legal Canadian Amateur radio power of 2250w pep.

It's not just a CB antenna, it's good up to the top of 10m and down to 12m.

It's just stupid that they (Sirio) don't offer a version which will handle full-legal Canadian Amateur radio power of 2250w pep.

It's not just a CB antenna, it's good up to the top of 10m and down to 12m.

This is an old thread, but I agree with simonradioman. There is no market for this antenna at 2KW in the Ham bands...other than around 11 meters.

We hear some OPS talk about the Imax working several Ham bands with good success, but I'm not sure about it being reliable at 2KW in those areas.

My Exnec model of the GM shows it is broad banded around 11 meters. But unlike the Imax and IMO the GM shows no SWR dips above or below its bandwidth. Go above or below the GM's bandwidth in the Ham bands and the SWR is near infinite...with no significant dips from 13 to 60 MHz as noted in the attached PDF file below.

I suspect the matching setup limits the GM to being considered single banded, rather than possibly being somewhat multi banded like the Imax. I don't think that would interest Ham operators and thus little to no added market for Sirio modifying their GM.

Attachments

• GM SWR bandwidth 13 to 60 MHz.pdf
    797.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated