• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

will GainMaster Produce the higher wattage Version?

LightFoot

Dec 28, 2008
Just was wondering if anyone heard anything in respect to Sirio producing a higher wattage capable GainMaster . Ive wrote to them so Im still waiting. Best regards and wishes...........:whistle:

im waiting for mr. coily or 55 to come out with one that has a coil , top hat and most importantly the audio ball :)

Reactions: 1 person
Here is the response i got from Sirio.

Dear Thundir,

Thank you so much for your mail message... It's always a pleasure to hear
good news !!
I forward it to our technicians and Engineers for your comments and
suggestions !!
Regards

Stefania Grazioli / Export Manager.
SIRIO Antenne Srl
Via Liguria 15
46049 Volta Mantovana, MN - Italy
Ph. +39 0376 801515 - Fax +39 0376 801254

From looking at the antenna during assembly I don't think it will be too difficult for them to build a higher power version.

I hope that if they do decide to build one they don't just make it to handle another 500W more, I'd like to seem they go all out and build a burly antenna that can handle quite a bit more.

If the current antenna is selling around $150-175 I think they could do a high power version that would come in around $200-$250.

From looking at the antenna during assembly I don't think it will be too difficult for them to build a higher power version.

I hope that if they do decide to build one they don't just make it to handle another 500W more, I'd like to seem they go all out and build a burly antenna that can handle quite a bit more.

If the current antenna is selling around $150-175 I think they could do a high power version that would come in around $200-$250.

Right...why bother with actual gain and efficiency in the CB antenna market. Just build a pretty 50 ohm load that will handle 10kw and you'll retire on the profit and be legendary in the industry. Not to mention the hot babes!! :love:

Hmmm.... Not really what I was saying at all.

They already designed a better working antenna than some of the competitors but the power rating might be the tough selling point.

If they do build I higher power version I was merely suggesting they build it so that it would meet the needs of 99 percent of the market.

I would think the current antenna as is would already satisfy 75 percent of the markets needs.

Hmmm.... Not really what I was saying at all.

They already designed a better working antenna than some of the competitors but the power rating might be the tough selling point.

If they do build I higher power version I was merely suggesting they build it so that it would meet the needs of 99 percent of the market.

I would think the current antenna as is would already satisfy 75 percent of the markets needs.

They have built one that meets the needs of 100% of the market, legal limit is 4 watts.

Everyone wants this antenna to handle more power but they are already complaining about the price. It is possible to replace the capacitor with one that can handle 5000 volts rather then the stock 1900 volts. Increasing the breakdown voltage of the capacitor to more then double should allow the full 1500 watt PEP legal limit for ICS use. I spoke to Sirio about this some time ago and was informed this would require redesign of the antenna and assembly line process that would make in not economical. Here is the question I would like to see some feedback on: Would you pay an extra $100 for the materials and precision hand labor required to build a higher power version???

If you want or need a 5/8 wave vertical for 11 meters
Why not the Interceptor I-10K
( sure is a Excellent working antenna that can stand up to the worst weather)

Find out the value of the capacitor used and increase it voltage handling. Only problem is will it still fit in the fiberglass radome. Some of those high voltage types are ceramic and large. Maybe just series some to get the right value and voltage. This is the only component of the GainMaster that needs to be beefed up for higher than 1KW usage. .

Last News i have is that there is no market need for a higher power version of the antenna. About a 1/2 version maybe that could happen, depends on the market and also if people need it

Here is the response i got from Sirio.

Dear Thundir,

Thank you so much for your mail message... It's always a pleasure to hear
good news !!
I forward it to our technicians and Engineers for your comments and
suggestions !!
Regards

Stefania Grazioli / Export Manager.
SIRIO Antenne Srl
Via Liguria 15
46049 Volta Mantovana, MN - Italy
Ph. +39 0376 801515 - Fax +39 0376 801254