• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Will you go radio silent if ww3 breaks out?

Enterprise312ok

Jun 12, 2022
During the last two world wars ham operators were ordered to maintain radio silence until the end of war and cb radio was not around yet. With the escalation of hostility toward Russia and China a similar situation seems somewhat possible today. Perhaps ham operators during the world war came up with the phrase "keep it low key"

i absolutely will not! if i need comms then i will use it. its war and survival at that point. im not gonna listen to some government employee. its every man for himself at that point. the tyrant government will not silence me!

Last edited:
Honestly, CNN gives our enemies more information than could possibly be had from 11m. Qrp hardly makes it across town anyway. If there is a chance that someone could use my transmit signal to find me and do me harm, then of course I am going to be smart about it.

Remember Saddam Hussein did not know they were defeated until they saw it on TV......

Reactions: 144inBama and nbsr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.