• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wilson 1000 mini UHF connector question

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
does anyone remove this mini connector and solder on their own PL-259?

is it worth it to do so?

is there a noticeable Db loss when using the stock connector?

just curious...

later,
LC

The use of the mini-plug is to allow easier installation into your vehicle. I wouldn't change it; as it may prove to be useful. I doubt very much if there is any db loss from this connector; considering the length of the coax and its quality.

I just acquired a Wilson 1000 a few days ago. It is practically new, but is missing the 62" whip and the set screws. Bought the replacement parts online, they should be here within the week. Wilson's are great antennas, and the only thing better is a 102" stainless steel whip or a predator 10k. If you've got a Wilson 1000, you got a good one. The engineering is all good - go with it!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    C'mon let me take you on a Sea Cruise! (Maybe there is someone to talk to out there?)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Just for the Halibut.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Seems to be dead on the radio lately. I don't know if the conditions are horrible, or more likely my weak antennas. I may head up in the mountains on Wednesday and see if reception / transmission is improved.