• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson? BarjanLLC

tilehead

Apr 23, 2007
I was reading a post on these boards somewhere and someone said don't buy any thing Barjan. A while back I bought a new Willson trucker 5000 for my truck and I thought I remembered seeing the name Barjan somewhere on the package I did a search and found this.......Wilson Antenna Company.A Division of Barjan LLC. Made in the USA. I more or less agree with not buying Barjan.Seems to be the junk they sell at trucks etc but I thought this was interesting. Tilehead

Barjan is Junk ? Does this mean they are saying Wilson's are junk ? A really BIG FAT "B.S." ON THAT !!! :roll: REMARKABLE !
That would also mean Francis antenna's are junk too ? Just because someone else says so ? "B.S." !

I had heard that the pre-barjan wilsons and k-40s were much better than the new ones, but I have 2 barjan wilson 1000s and a 5000, and have'nt had any problems with them.

just amazes me how picky folks can be , although the only differents I've seen with the Wilson over the years is the stinger seems a little less thicker , BFD

Any company that has differant divisions is capable of proucing both a fine product and a crappy one at the same time.It's just like cars,Ford make s some really great vehicles and some lemons. So does GM and all the others as well. Barjan could well be junk while Wilson is fine.Ranger made some really crappy radios with the name Galaxy on them many years ago but that did not mean the Ranger line was crap.

QRN said:
Any company that has differant divisions is capable of proucing both a fine product and a crappy one at the same time.It's just like cars,Ford make s some really great vehicles and some lemons. So does GM and all the others as well. Barjan could well be junk while Wilson is fine.Ranger made some really crappy radios with the name Galaxy on them many years ago but that did not mean the Ranger line was crap.

Well put QRN , and no offence to you tilehead. I read somewhere else somebody saying Barjan was crap as well .
I'll just quote QRN and leave it at that.

I'd heard Barjan bought out the communication division of Astatic microphones too.
Has anyone reviewed the new Barjan Astatic D104s yet?

The only issues I've seemed to see are with the Francis (they stopped using that resin or whatever is was to hold the fiberglass into the base), and with the Wilson Silver Loads. The SL's seem to be manufactured with just a bit too much wire lately. They don't seem to to tune down nearly as well as they used to.

The only issues I've seemed to see are with the Francis (they stopped using that resin or whatever is was to hold the fiberglass into the base), and with the Wilson Silver Loads. The SL's seem to be manufactured with just a bit too much wire lately. They don't seem to to tune down nearly as well as they used to.

I have noticed that too, DTB (re: the Francis resin & SL too long) I have started putting a fine bead of Gorilla glue around the Francis' bases that seems to take care of the rod coming loose. On the S/Loads I had to completely remove the stinger to get a couple of them installed & tuned the other day, Like you said too long !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.