• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

windows 7 upgrade,dont do it

You guys can Keep windows..

I never had any issues with XP Pro..

However i got a Mac...
and well will not go back to windows..

End of story

A Snack'N'Toss is just glorified linux, on an Intel based PC with some extra firmware, But I have retired my old XP box to Snow Leopard, it isn't bad but the software just isn't there....(y)

why ruin a pefectly good copy of XP. Windows 7 is for all the poor bastards whos hardware was made just for vist, and would otherwise be stuck with vista (an os that was delibrately made to suck). So, when you upgrade from vista to windows 7, you are falling right into microsoft's trap. 7 may be a good os, but i will keep XP as long as I have this hardware.

Want to make XP look cool, google or search microsoft.com for the zune theme, its just a theme microsoft never bundled with windows, makes the windows and taskbar black and a few other cool things. Thats all the upgrade I needed.

BTW, I had vista on this laptop, and after 2 days I hated it so much I retro-graded to XP, and went through 5 hells to find drivers that would work or half-way work for my "vista-only" hardware. It can be done, but it is a pain. After all that, I sure aint paying for upgrade 7.

vista is not bad ....just different .i am having no problems with it ,but vista and 7 does not have a eq feature for music that i do miss alot .
other than that vista has been running just fine despite the hype .
and thats coming from a long time xp user.i will try 7 again .

i have the realtek high def audio and it does not come with eq .
it does sound pretty good when watching hq videos or hq music videos.

well it has selectable eq curves like ,pop,rock,jazz,ect,ect....but i,m after like a 10 band eq that xp had .
i heard a few say you could revert back to the realtek ac97 driver and you would have eq but i have not tried that .

on another note winamp has a eq feature and i do run winamp too but,you can only tweak it very little ,anything more and sound quality gets bad fast.
and it only works when running winamp .
the built in 10 band eq under xp runs all the time no matter what program you are running at the time.

this i have to research more.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.