• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Winter is coming!!!

brandon7861

Loose Wire
Nov 28, 2018
This was from a station near Bagley MN about 70 miles west of me. Its getting colder!
image000000_20230907_062453.jpg

Nice!!
We have another 3 to 4 months before we get any significant cold weather. And then it's anyone's guess whether we even get below freezing, or so cold that it knocks out the grid. :unsure:
I will say, we have some great winter temps! From mid to late October, through mid April we're basking in the highs of 65 to 70 and lows in the neighborhood of 35 to 45. But, as I said initially, our "significant COLD" may or may not show up for the party.

Last edited:
In this part of the big state, we've had cold by the end of September and snow on Halloween but no matter what, summer ends abruptly. It's like an antenna switch, goes from hot to cold without a transition.

The last couple of years have been an exception though, it's been far from anything usual so we'll be standing by to see. Regardless, I'm over this heat!
20230907_150521.jpg

Summer is flipping the bird at us one last time this weekend and then we start descending into autumn temps. I'm just happy the morning temps have been in the 50's instead of the 70's this last week or so. Happier still that I'm out of the Valley of the Sunstroke where they've got 112 F (41 C) on tap for Saturday.

In this part of the big state, we've had cold by the end of September and snow on Halloween but no matter what, summer ends abruptly. It's like an antenna switch, goes from hot to cold without a transition.

The last couple of years have been an exception though, it's been far from anything usual so we'll be standing by to see. Regardless, I'm over this heat!
View attachment 65302
Yep that's definitely hot, it's 97 degrees in my part of Oklahoma right now, so it actually feels a lot cooler than the hundred degree temps we had earlier in the week :)

Cooling down....62 deg-72deg F
Although I now seen a few birds that seemed to have changed their traditional migration habits, I haven’t seen our dark eyed Juncos yet. I expect it won’t be long, as they always show up cleaning up the spilled seeds on our deck.

I sympathize with you guys. Everyone I talk to on the air complains about the heat in the US now. Medellin is called the "City of Eternal Spring," because the weather there is spring-like year around. A little hotter than usual this year, but not much. High 80s has been about it all summer. Here in the mountains, it's even cooler. Seldom reached 80 degrees. Lows in the high 50s at night. Unless it's raining, humidity is always below 50%. Before we moved here, Luz kept telling me that I'd love the weather in Medellin, and, as usual, she was right.

87 degrees here ( 30.4 C) for us Europeans, last winters were more Autumn as winters as i recall them from my youth..

I forgot you are in The Netherlands. What is the weather and temperatures normally like there in late March? With any luck we will be spending a few days in Amsterdam on the return from Greece/eastern Mediterranean area. I assume we will be a little too early for the main tulip blooms.

Late March temperatures will be around 13 to 15 C or 55 to 60 F, on average, last years temperatures were mostly a bit higher spring time does that...
Tulip and other flower season to see is from 1/2 March till 1/2 May.
Millions people visit and see the large fields of several sorts of flowers most exported around the world The Netherlands is one of the largest exporters in flowers and plants in the world, food export is only second after the USA.
If you do visit during that time, take a trip and see literately sea's of flowers in the fields in all colours and sizes.
For me from my home it is just a 50 mile drive ;)
AT 53 degrees we're at the same height as Alberta Canada or just above Minnesota, we just have the warm gulf stream along our coast ;)

Last edited:

View attachment 65302
I live in Maine its cold like 3/4 of the year. Sometimes we ride motorbikes on Xmas other years we have ice storms that take out the grid it sucks. Love living here though

Late March temperatures will be around 13 to 15 C or 55 to 60 F, on average, last years temperatures were mostly a bit higher spring time does that...
Tulip and other flower season to see is from 1/2 March till 1/2 May.
Millions people visit and see the large fields of several sorts of flowers most exported around the world The Netherlands is one of the largest exporters in flowers and plants in the world, food export is only second after the USA.
If you do visit during that time, take a trip and see literately sea's of flowers in the fields in all colours and sizes.
For me from my home it is just a 50 mile drive ;)
AT 53 degrees we're at the same height as Alberta Canada or just above Minnesota, we just have the warm gulf stream along our coast ;)

Sounds great. Thanks. The temperatures are a little better than I had expected. I knew the Gulf Stream kept you guys warmer than on this side but thought it would be a bit cooler. We hope to visit the Ann Frank House, the Van Gogh museum, and hopefully the Groesbeek Canadian War Memorial Cemetery and the area around Keukenhof Tulip Gardens. May even rent a car and travel into Germany and Belgium just to say we did.

Reactions: Justme

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.