• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wiring Help??????........anyone?

85_buick

Nov 7, 2006
hey

is there any way i can wire my cb in so i dont get feed back when i accelerate? and when i turn my lights under my dash on the Cb goes crazy with noise and stuff.......
is there anyway i can fix this>???

thanks for ur help

-Rylan

thats different,lights make your radio go crazy with noise and stuff? not knowing where you are running your power wire and ground but i like to run the power line sraight to the battery and ground to the frame.some people run the ground to the battery also.

take a extra ground wire and take out a back screw on your radio and slip in a eyelet connector in between your radio"s cover and main componet and run the ground to a clean ground spot.personally i don"t like fuse boxes or especially ciggarett lighters to run your radio.

I've always done the best with both leads directly to the battery via the shortest possibel route.

If you're getting noise....you have to determine if it's coming through the antenna or the power cable by unplugging the antenna. If it's coming through the power cable you can probably get rid of it by adding a dc noise filter.....which is just and inductor and a capacitor. If it's coming through the feedline...you have to find the source and fix it there....which could be a wild goose chase.

Do an internet search for "EMI troubleshooting" and you'll find a slew of resources.

Here's one link for you with an easy to build filter:

http://www.sanantoniohams.org/Tips/whine.htm

You didn't mention what kind of vehicle.....it is possible that someone has experience killing the noise in your particular make/ model and may be able to help.

If you're driving one of these new vehicle with 8 ignition coils like mine....I wish you luck!

im driving a 1985 Buick LeSabre :D lol its my winter car i normally drive a civic in the summer..........
yea i have my power tapped into my cd player and my ground on the cd player aswell..............should i maybe not tap in with those wires?

if you dont want to run your power wires all the way to the battery there is a hot leed thats in the fuse block with nothing on it is should say (bat) but all ways make the ground a frame or body ground...

hope this helps ya

Definitely reroute your power leads. I almost always go straight to the battery with my equipment. Depending on the vehicle, I'll install a seperate fuse/breaker block under the hood to use for wiring any gadgets I might want to have in my vehicle. Installing a GOOD quality filter in your power leads is helpful, too. You can also try to localize the exact source(s) of the noise, and filter the sources directly. Electric fuel pmps are a big issue, as are fan motors, etc,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.