• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wizard Box

Mr Clean

May 21, 2005
Getting a Wizard with the GS-31B Triode. Shipped it out today. I cant wait. Got to get a 30 amp breaker hooked up in the next few days to power it. I think it will be all this ol Chicken Bander needs Come on!:LOL:

It arrived right before I had to go to work. Looks so fine.

It has a large cage fan on back . Cant wait till midnight when I get off to go home and try it out. Peace!!(y)

Last edited:
This is what it looks like. But I just copied and pasted it. Im not much at being a computer guru Larger Image Driving it with 30 watt DK and 130 watts pep I was seeing 550 RMS 1400 PEP. Max drive is 40 watt DK 200 watt PEP. He and other owners say after a month or so of use you will see the PEP numbers go up abit. Built very nice and it has a large cage fan on the back. Lots of airflow.

Last edited:
This is what it looks like. But I just copied and pasted it. Im not much at being a computer guru Larger Image Driving it with 30 watt DK and 130 watts pep I was seeing 550 RMS 1400 PEP. Max drive is 40 watt DK 200 watt PEP. He and other owners say after a month or so of use you will see the PEP numbers go up abit. Built very nice and it has a large cage fan on the back. Lots of airflow.

How is your Wizard Box working so far??? I am looking to add one to my collection soon.

Love it! Dont forget to ask for ssb delay. I didnt and am going to have to take a trip to Chi town because of it. Run about 500 watts dk 1500 pep 375 rms just running easy. Going to get a driver for the browning soon so I can use it and see what it will do but will run it like this most of the time. Everyone coments on how clear it is and the neighbors have not said a thing. Had to run the dk higher than I wanted to get 550 rms but with a little more pep out a driver it should rase the pep numbers out the box and giving 500 watts rms easy.

I had someone on my reputation make a coment about there is no such thing as RMS. So I stand corected. But this is the Chicken Bander section so we arnt supose to know whats going on anyhow. This is one of the reasons I will never never ever go for my ticket.:headbang:love:

I had someone on my reputation make a coment about there is no such thing as RMS. So I stand corected. But this is the Chicken Bander section so we arnt supose to know whats going on anyhow. This is one of the reasons I will never never ever go for my ticket.:headbang:love:
No worries. I know what you mean. They wanted you to say average watts. Anyway enjoy. I am going to order one soon.

No such thing as "Root Mean Square"? Maybe they need to go take another Midol? Of course you will always get someone who knows more than anyone else..........just ask them and they'll tell you so.:rolleyes:

BTW, Nice amp. Hope you enjoy it.

BC

I was thinking about buying the exact same amp for my shack. never got around to it. i have alot of stuff i gotta pay off plus school. so a big cb amp is on the back shelf at the moment. It will come maybe next summer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.