• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wizard Built Amp

Besides no safety choke, ( the safety choke should be after the load cap). Also no glitch resistors? I always put them in. That blocking cap is a 14 or 15kv cap. makes me wonder what DC plate voltage is. That transformer looks really small. The rectifier circuit aint bad, but running that many in parallel. One is sure to have a slightly different loss than others. The one with less loss will end up taking the most current. Expect it to pop. For something big like that, I'd use 10 amp diodes and do a big long string. For that size tube and the abuse i am sure it will be given, I wonder if that blower is really right for the tube. Just a thought. Thats what i started with, but im sure there are a few other details.

You must have some good eyes OM. For me the video was grainy/fuzzy. I agree about the blocking cap rating. I bet hes got 8k-9k volts supplying the tube. The 3cx3000f7 I have in the works for 10-160 is going to run around 5100volts.

I am familar with the Sprague/vishay PE100 doorknobs. I have several here laying around that is how i know what it is and roughly what voltage rating it is.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.