• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WM-1 meter

All are 12 volts and only one is original unless someone cut the wall wart Off of the other two or added a wall wart to one of them.
Of all the adapters i have laying around closest one, i found is 12 volts at 1amp i think i need closer to 0.3amps

Last edited:
Reactions: W4KVW
After hearing about these for so long I finally bought one last week. I sure hope it lives up to the hype...

It's coming from Alaska via snail mail but should arrive eventually, I hope.
You are going to like it. I put an RF pickup in the remote box on one of mine to hook my scope up to. Just a BNC socket and a wire looped several times loosely around the guts and then connected to the case. The back light in all 3 of mine went out, have not gotten around to looking at them. I believe the meter has two grain of wheat bulbs in series. If I could find a soft white led I might try it. Let us know what you think.

You are going to like it. I put an RF pickup in the remote box on one of mine to hook my scope up to. Just a BNC socket and a wire looped several times loosely around the guts and then connected to the case. The back light in all 3 of mine went out, have not gotten around to looking at them. I believe the meter has two grain of wheat bulbs in series. If I could find a soft white led I might try it. Let us know what you think.
I appreciate your input sir. I took a shot and we'll see what shows up. It's pretty clean for It's age and the seller had praising feedback so I'm in hopes that it'll be all good.

Here she be from the seller photos
Screenshot_20240325_185817_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240325_185824_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240325_185835_eBay.jpg

Try these, perfect size to replace grain of wheat incandescent bulbs in electronics. I bought this kit a fee times now and they've been some good LED's. There's a soft white that would be a nice upgrade for the stock bulbs in that meter.
View attachment 68046

They are fuse lamp type bulbs for the meters, at least mine were. I replaced them both as they both died. I used 2 LEDs per meter for replacements. They don't give me the full light across the meter face, but as they say, good enough for govt work.

DSC03928.JPGDSC03930.JPG

edit: The bulbs were actually axial lead lamps...a little harder to find.

1711454113739.png1711454113739.png

Last edited:
That looks really good, nice bright light that doesn't burn the eye's. Nice install too.

I don't know if the one I'm getting is lighted.
Hard to tell without removing the meter cover. I don't think he offered the lighted version until late in the production. I know the original lamps went out pretty fast, but then it's on 8 - 12 hours a day

Reactions: Eldorado828
The wm-1 showed up today and it's in much better shape than I expected, super clean with really minor blemishes. By the pictures I had gotten it wasn't lighted but.....I put it on the bench to inspect it and I could see bulbs but just not coming on. Turned out one of the bulb leeds wasn't soldered..... Soldered that guy back up and it lit right up :cool:.

Screenshot_20240401_214040_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240401_214056_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240401_214046_Gallery.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.