• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wolf Radio/ Mr Coily Base....???

Is anyone running either the Wolf Radio ".64 11M", or the Mr Coily "Enforcer .64"

I'll tell you, the price of that Wolf Radio vertical sure is appealing....as are the rest of their antennas.

Wolf Radio 3 el 11M beam = $90.00

At that price, I can't help but wonder if they're worth a crap???

Seriously, I'm fishing for comments from folks that have used this gear, or at least seen it with their own eyes well enough to judge material quality and craftsmanship.....

Thanks!

Re: Wolf

Devildog said:
I believe EDUK8TR is running the .64 You might pm him about it.

I have one and Jim CDX-44 is also using one. I have had very good results for an antenna that was in a good price range for me. Good quality components and stainless steel hardware. I think Marconi also has one of these. Get in contact with Eddie at Wolf Radio, the last I heard from him he was considering a re-design of this antenna. He may still have some this type available. Go to his site and shoot him an email.

73's

Wayne C.

Although I do not have his .64 antenna,
(I use Jay/Steves... Interceptor I-10K www.a1antennas.com )

I have spoken to a couple of people who have those antennas
All I have gotten from them are good reports on how they like the antenna... and I know they sounded good as well.

There are many antennas out there. Less then a hand full of those who make antennas actually make good antennas... I know Wolf's .64 is a decent antenna to say the least.

yes

It is indeed

as far as i can tell
Jay's Interceptor I-10K is the best vertical groundplane out there

not looking to start a debate though
the wolf.64 i have heard and it to is great

There can be ONLY ONE, and the "ONE" is Jay's I-10K!

Having assembled 10 or more myself, as well as helping others out with their's, and not to mention the 3 I've personally ran at my home, I can tell you they ARE the best!

Everything works and some are better than others, but the I-10K is the best and worth every penny!

Read my signature!

No on the .64 I have not owned, assembled or seen one in person.

I've seen the pictures and the use of automotive clamps. I'm also convinced that the use of a gamma match causes LOSS in the feedpoint. I know some disagree and they too have the right to their opinion.

I'd bet $100.00 that a I-10K will out perform Wolf's .64 in a head to head test. Get one out to me and using the same exact set up for both antennas, we can test them. I'll even buy the .64!

Only caveat, if the I-10K wins, not only does someone owe me $100.00, but they have to buy the .64! I'll eat the shipping to send it to me, but not to send it back.

This does not mean that the .64 is a bad antenna, it only means that the I-10K is better.....and I'm willing to put my $$$ where my mouth is!

If everyone agrees, how about we make this forum's owner (Moleculo) the judge and we both send $100.00 to him up front!

Any takers?

How about mr. coily antenna that has a bigger price tag to I10k..how would these two antennas be in comparison and how will these peform side by side.

I would love to try that 5 element quagi with both polarities. And put that center fed dipole on side of tower at about 40 ft. Have the beam at 70. I got the money wolf if you got the time. Not that Im rich or anything I just work alot and I am putting up a tower in the spring. That 6 on a 40 ft boom would be nice but its alittle bigger than I want to mess with.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.