• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wondering what this radio is about.

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Found this radio in Walmart.com and it is cheap enough to explore by just listening but wondering what meters does it cover? It might peak someones interest enough to lite a fire without breaking the bank.

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb

I have one. An older one. Works pretty good. The new ones are set from factory not to go to GMRS frequencies but there is a way to unlock it.

I bought a different antenna for it and the stock rubber duck works better. The Nagoya whip is too sensitive and overloads the front end of the radio. There are peeps who like the radio or hate it.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
Can the new ones be unlocked for GMRS because that is what interest me and then wonder if you can reverse the process also. I thought maybe they made the new ones so you couldn't unlock GMRS so they could sell them legally. The new one is 8 Watts.

Couldn't resist any longer, I bought the 8 Watt model yesterday from Walmart with all the accessories because someone told me it could be unlocked for GMRS. Looks like I have more to learn now when I'm traveling. LOL

Couldn't resist any longer, I bought the 8 Watt model yesterday from Walmart with all the accessories because someone told me it could be unlocked for GMRS. Looks like I have more to learn now when I'm traveling. LOL

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
i got a gt 3 hp,full 8 watts on 2 meters,6.5 watts on 440. its ok.
got a newer baofanger said 15 watts,lie number 3 its 5 watts on 3 bands. crooked marketing crap

Reactions: whiteastro
What a Fiasco this order turned out to be. Fedex says it was delivered but it is no where to be found and I have to wait 48 hours before Walmart will take action. Looooooooooong story but right about now I could spit bullets because I waited around here All Day to get my new toy. LOL I'm wondering if there is any brains left in these companies. Gotta go to the Radio room and drowned my sorrows in playing with my toys.

I had FedEx flat out steal a $900 dj amplifier one time. The driver said that delivered it, then ended up saying that he didn't remember where he dropped it off at...............
Don't worry that thought crossed my mind also because the whole affair smells fishy but I'll probably have to struggle with some half wits to get my money back or get another in it's place. I have some tires and rims coming from another place for my 4 wheeler and the Idiots sent them USPS so I shuttered when I read that. Wondering how bad USPS can screw that up ! Our country is in deep trouble !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.