• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

World Wide DX Net this sat??

222DBFL florida, another good contact! right at the last couple minutes,,

here is my list of forum contacts:

222 TBA02 cali
WR11 Robb cali
222 DBFL florida

and some guy from cali on AM that came up to usb , wasn't to pleased that I was messin with his am receive

we will be trying again this evening 6-8pm central time

thanks, 544 wi, jay

forum member TBA02 / 222 San Francisco nice contact! 544wi

27.335 usb

Yup, nice contact 544 WI. Sorry about the clipping early on. As I noted, the radio I am using is second hand I and I know the previous owner did some mods as the clarifier is unlock. I suspect there was a talkback mod attempted (succeeded) as well.

The issue I face is that when the internal speaker (non functional) is disconnected I get that modulation clipping effect. I learned this a few nights back when I thought I was being proactive and was going to replace the speaker. At the end of a good long rag-chew with no issues I shut things down for the night. I pulled the speaker so I could replace it. The next day I couldn't make a single contact (which is rare). I finally hit upon a local who indicated just as you did, it was clipping, sort of like a low power issue. I triple checked everything and no change. I shut things down and about an hour later it dawned on me that I had introduced a variable. I returned the speaker that night and the next day all was well.

It would seem that I managed to disturb a solder. Once you said I was clipping I opened up the radio and one lead was barely connected. I soldered it back on and that solved the problem. Crazy.

Anyway, back on topic.. again good contact. I am finishing up a few "honey-do's" and home to catch some folks on the late session - 33 USB.

Cheers!

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.