• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Worldwidedx.com is on a new Internet Host!

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
All,

Tonight we completed moving the whole site over to a new host. In addition to increased bandwidth, server capacity, and improved database performance, the new host specializes in providing services to forum type sites.

Please feel free to give us feedback over the next few days about whether or not performance has improved. Hopefully the slowness of the past few months is a thing of the past!

If you have any suggestions for the site, please let us know!

Lightning fast here now,was seriously slow before,i reckon it will only take me 3 hours to read the whole AM power thread now as opposed to at least 3 weeks previously,nice job mole.(y)

I can give it a thumbs UP this A.M. working fine HOWEVER, I would like to know
why it takes those Xtra clicks to back out of a page ?

John

There is a problem with how Internet Explorer handles some of the Javascript from the ebay ads (which I don't have source code for, btw). Initially I thought it was a problem with ebay, but after some further investigation, I found out that it ONLY happens on Internet Explorer. If you use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, you don't see the problem. I don't know what can be done about it, because it's something where IE isn't being fully standards compliant about they way they're handlind certain javascript code.

Ill tell ya what I was messing around the other day and was looking at new browsers and researched and found that GOOGLE CHROME was listed as fater than the rest and I downloaded it and holy smokes its crazy fast I kept internet explorer in until I get used to chrome.

My son swears by firefox which also is fast so these will help some of you with issues when visiting certain sites or downloading. I also find that Internet Explorer is more prone to being infected with viruses and ids the most widely used browser so its targeted with malicious B.S. more often aswell

Ill tell ya what I was messing around the other day and was looking at new browsers and researched and found that GOOGLE CHROME was listed as fater than the rest and I downloaded it and holy smokes its crazy fast I kept internet explorer in until I get used to chrome.

My son swears by firefox which also is fast so these will help some of you with issues when visiting certain sites or downloading. I also find that Internet Explorer is more prone to being infected with viruses and ids the most widely used browser so its targeted with malicious B.S. more often aswell

OK Tony V225, I gave it a try and it Works Fine :) Problem Solved

Thanks Bud,

John

BTW- Windows-XP service pack 2 on this machine..

There is a problem with how Internet Explorer handles some of the Javascript from the ebay ads... because it's something where IE isn't being fully standards compliant about they way they're handlind certain javascript code.

I don't know if that is really true or if the java code is non-compliant, or some other part of the code on the site. If you want to compare browsers, we need to compare the latest versions and IE8 is purported to bo strict W3C compliant.

anyway, some browsers handle non-compliant code better than others. IE is not very robust in that arena.

If you're ever unsure, just check how valid a site is with the online W3C validator.

BTW, the site may be faster, but my first suspicion today when I clicked to the site was that it was still down as it took a while for the first screen. Maybe my long stale cookies needed update, but the site generally seemed fine to me.

Of course, my connection provides a certain vaccume to help suck the data in...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.