• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Worldwidedx.com is on a new Internet Host!

BTW, the site may be faster, but my first suspicion today when I clicked to the site was that it was still down as it took a while for the first screen. Maybe my long stale cookies needed update, but the site generally seemed fine to me.

Of course, my connection provides a certain vaccume to help suck the data in...

Na, its not you, I waited 30 seconds for this response page to open, still have occasional issues with pages opening, Slow ETC.... I did notice the slow response opening this page was due to a wait on googlesyndication response. Also had a few Database errors today which are new to my time on the site, a page refresh took care of the issues, so I'm thinking Database timeouts..

Honestly I don't see a lot of improvement, I think much of it is ad related. Which I'm certainly not going to complain about.

Also had a few Database errors today which are new to my time on the site, a page refresh took care of the issues, so I'm thinking Database timeouts..

Yep, I saw those too and reported them. I think they may have fixed it already, but keep and eye on it and let me know if it continues.

Yeah, the googlesyndication stuff is the google ads.

You could always run firefox with a neat little add on called No Scripts which blocks ads and most other types of crap websites try to run,you then have the option of letting whatever scripts you want run and blocking those you don't want running,

Ad Block Plus is another cool add on,along with Better Privacy which removes lso (long term) cookies that your browser cleaning doesn't remove.

Down Them All is another fantastic firefox add on (download accelerator),go to a page with 100 pdf files or any other type of file and watch this baby work,cosmic.It rattles them down in no time.You can even set it too download only the file types you want and ignore the rest on that page or even just click on as many of the individual files you want from a list as every file on the page is listed on it.

Add the free C Cleaner utility and keep all the shit off your computer.

Using internet explorer is just asking for nasties on the web,because everyone just loves Mr Gates.

You could always run firefox with a neat little add on called No Scripts which blocks ads and most other types of crap websites try to run,you then have the option of letting whatever scripts you want run and blocking those you don't want running,

Ad Block Plus is another cool add on,along with Better Privacy which removes lso (long term) cookies that your browser cleaning doesn't remove.

Down Them All is another fantastic firefox add on (download accelerator),go to a page with 100 pdf files or any other type of file and watch this baby work,cosmic.It rattles them down in no time.You can even set it too download only the file types you want and ignore the rest on that page or even just click on as many of the individual files you want from a list as every file on the page is listed on it.

Add the free C Cleaner utility and keep all the shit off your computer.

Using internet explorer is just asking for nasties on the web,because everyone just loves Mr Gates.

I can't seem to find this free C Cleaner. :(

Strange.
I have tried for the past two day to get on from work. All I get is the forus is down message. Come home and it is up. Darn cookies!

Guess I have to get the system admin to fix it. We are limited to what we can run at work.

Strange.
I have tried for the past two day to get on from work. All I get is the forus is down message. Come home and it is up. Darn cookies!

Guess I have to get the system admin to fix it. We are limited to what we can run at work.
I've been out for 2 days so it didn't impact me in the least but am glad to see things are in order.

With the help of the new host, I found a bug today in some custom code that was causing a performance problem that was noticeable as a long pause after clicking on something before the page would load. It took me a while, but I fixed it! :) :)

Well it was rocking right along then bang..... Seems some of the adds are still slowing things down... My screenie shows the unresponsive/slow responding feebay slowing things up...

Required two click throughs to respond.....

Attachments

• thumbs.jpg
    thumbs.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 128

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.