• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouldn't you know..............

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Well as my Radio Friends might remember,Dad and I went on vacation this past week to visit the Flight 93 Memorial for a couple days and had a wonderful time together, we come home on Wednesday the 27th, everything is still good,Thurs or Friday Dad gets sick,thought it was just a really bad head cold for a day or so, finally got him into the doctor on Monday,He tested Positive for COVID,they put him on some very powerful stuff and he's out of quarantine and doing so much better, well wouldn't you know that I just now tested Positive for COVID myself,after having just cold symptoms for less than 24 hrs,left work early to go to the doctors on Friday and now I'm off work until August 11, apparently I have bronchitis,all though over all I feel pretty good,I'm just very fatigued and drained,this will be my 2nd time with COVID and hopefully my last,a real pain in A....................

Sorry to hear about you and your Dad getting COVID. Your story about time with your Dad PRICELESS and put a big ole smile on my face and brought tears of joy thinking about my own Dad who has passed.

I’ve been to the Flight 93 Memorial several times and have enjoyed each visit and learned something new each visit. Looking forward to visiting the 911 Memorial in NYC soon.

Get well and prayers for both of you!

Sorry to hear about you and your Dad getting COVID. Your story about time with your Dad PRICELESS and put a big ole smile on my face and brought tears of joy thinking about my own Dad who has passed.

I’ve been to the Flight 93 Memorial several times and have enjoyed each visit and learned something new each visit. Looking forward to visiting the 911 Memorial in NYC soon.

Get well and prayers for both of you!
Thank you so much,we had a wonderful time together down there and yeah I'm thankful that my Dad is still around and at 84 is in pretty good shape,other then the usual stuff that happens when you climb the ladder of age progression ( you get Old, LoL ) I'm already planning hopefully next year's vacation getaway with my Dad, thinking about either Antietam battlefield in Maryland or 1st Bull Run (Manassas) in Virginia,my Dad and I both enjoy history ( real History,Not the CRAP that's being taught in schools these days,smh) so we shall we if the Lord allows it by His Grace!!

I am glad you got to spend time with your dad!

I am sorry you both got sick. Covid is still around unfortunately. Good thing your dad is doing better!! Watch that bronchitis please. We just got over Covid after dodging it for 2.5yrs Fortunately our symptoms were very mild. Drink lots of water and rest! You both will be ok.

Keep us posted on how you’re feeling:)

I am glad you got to spend time with your dad!

I am sorry you both got sick. Covid is still around unfortunately. Good thing your dad is doing better!! Watch that bronchitis please. We just got over Covid after dodging it for 2.5yrs Fortunately our symptoms were very mild. Drink lots of water and rest! You both will be ok.

Keep us posted on how you’re feeling:)
Thank you very much, I actually feel pretty good,my x-ray's came back and show my lungs are clear which is a good thing,if anything it's like the first time I had COVID, extremely fatigued and drained, I can handle that,and yes I'm drinking a lot.................... LoL . Water of Course!!

In prayer for a full recovery, it's rough stuff and frustrating to deal with. Glad your pops is better too my friend. Believe it or not, I am now dealing with the 3rd round of it myself. Yeah... 3rd freaking time! Much more mild than previous 2 but still a sick regardless. Now watching my wife starting to feel bad so it's almost obvious at this point.

Glad you're doing well, tell you pops to do lots of walking and taking care of himself to keep that blood flowing for a few weeks after recovery. The clots can be a mother.

Keep us updated buddy

In prayer for a full recovery, it's rough stuff and frustrating to deal with. Glad your pops is better too my friend. Believe it or not, I am now dealing with the 3rd round of it myself. Yeah... 3rd freaking time! Much more mild than previous 2 but still a sick regardless. Now watching my wife starting to feel bad so it's almost obvious at this point.

Glad you're doing well, tell you pops to do lots of walking and taking care of himself to keep that blood flowing for a few weeks after recovery. The clots can be a mother.

Keep us updated buddy
Thank you so much my friend, will keep you all updated,will also say a prayer for you and your Wife,Wow 3rd time...............smh....... Yeah my dad is doing better and walking around the house,so no worries there,and your right about blood clots,my dad had a sensory stroke last fall, Much better now,but yeah I hear you,take Care,lots of rest and drink a lot................
I mean Water by the way, lol

Hope you and your Dad are doing better. I haven't had covid but Im beginning to wonder, I got home from work last Thursday, woke up Sunday congested with severe body aches stayed in bed and slept all day Sunday. Woke this morning still with severe body aches, and coughing junk out of my lungs. Wife just went to the store, told her to grab a home covid test if she seen one, don't know what I have but I haven't felt this bad since the last time I had flu, forgot to mention I've also had a low grade fever.

Hope you and your Dad are doing better. I haven't had covid but Im beginning to wonder, I got home from work last Thursday, woke up Sunday congested with severe body aches stayed in bed and slept all day Sunday. Woke this morning still with severe body aches, and coughing junk out of my lungs. Wife just went to the store, told her to grab a home covid test if she seen one, don't know what I have but I haven't felt this bad since the last time I had flu, forgot to mention I've also had a low grade fever.
Man I'm sorry to hear that,sounds like you might have it, get tested asap and let me know how you are doing please,Dad is alot better and back to normal,I'm on day 3 of my quarantine,my normal days off from work are Sun and Wednesday ( I have a fixed schedule which is nice) and I don't go back to work until Thursday,I'm just sleeping alot and dealing with the fatigue and so forth, just woke up from another nap, I had the coughing and running nose earlier up,but the biggest symptom is the tiredness and exhaustion and fatigue from what I read, well gotta go get something to eat,take Care, Praying for you and your recovery my Friend,God Bless!!

Wife just got home with the covid test, and I tested positive, on a brighter note I do feel a little better just really tired, body aches, but not as bad as earlier today.
I had a feeling based on the symptoms that you shared, Sorry to hear that,not sure where you work at,but if I had to guess you have to quarantine for at least 5 days from today ( I work in food service,Five Guys Burgers as a cook/French fries,etc..I know I have to,and then when I go back on Thursday,I have to wear a mask for a additional 5 days!! Get plenty of rest,drink lots and lots of Water, Chicken noodle soup helped me out,try to keep your distance from your Wife ( you don't want her to get it,etc.) Glad you are slowly starting to feel better, Take Care, sending Prayers my Friend and God Bless you!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.