• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun kg-uv920r Mobile

Does combative = critical?

I hope this rig is all that it's cracked up to be, but critical comments about it are very necessary for a potential consumer.

It was combative. Necessary moderation does not require public vetting.

I am as excited at as a dog with two tails about this new dual bander. I have yaesu gear and it is a pain to remember all the cryptic commands. They could take a lesson from Apple with regard to their simple intuitive interfaces.

they sold another 11, my # is 173

i really don't care for the modular mic plug, but,....

some info is hard to come by.
i can't see if the face seperation cable is included or not, or if i will need the programing cable, mobile mount, ect

but, i'm sure those questions will be answered soon

COMBATIVE????

i just reviewed this thread from the start,.......

what the heck did i post on 10/7 that was COMBATIVE and required a deletion?????:angry:

is this turning into QRZ?:(

I have 2 of the Wouxun HT, I have the original KG-UVD1P (144/440) and have just received the new KG-UVD3P (144/220). The KG-UVD1P has been a great handheld. It works very well, a quality radio, that comes w/a lithium Ion Battery, 120AC and 12VDC charger. They are allot of bang for the buck! (around $120 USD). IMHO, the only faults are the "S" meter is to sensitive (shows full scale on weaker signals) and the manual programming is not user friendly. From a user standpoint the KG-UVD3P is the same as the KG-UVD1P with some cosmetic improvements. I will be purchasing KG-uv920r as soon as they are available, I am on the waiting list # 188.

KJ6HYC

Last edited:
... I will be purchasing KG-uv920r as soon as they are available, I am on the waiting list # *.*

well, jeez,..... thats 4 in just a day or two to forum members.
i remember when i ordered they asked me how i had heard of them and i put a check in the "forum" box.

i ASSUME that they know which forum, it didn't ask which one.

anyway, the forum "powers that be" may want to track the sales to forum members and use any sale results for .... ? :p.

I was thinking the same thing..

Actually it was a comment about "snobby hams on" (another site) that was inappropriate that started the moderating. Taking shots at other hams isn't really all that necessary.

Anyway, I ordered one of those radios, too! In the form for order I told 'em about the forum ;) :)

#179. I think we have enough future owners here to put together a pretty good online review!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.