• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun kg-uv920r Mobile

Looks like we will be waiting in line for some time. The best info I can dig up is that these radios are expected out of China in January 2011. That was info from an Australian distributor.

Wow! Less than a week they have taken order reservation and they have racked up 140 since my original and over 300 Total! YaeWoodIc, eat your hearts out! Hams want better prices, and we don't even know what that price is yet.

Wow! Less than a week... over 300 Total! YaeWoodIc, eat your hearts out! Hams want better prices,...

agreed, but,...... the "devil is in the details" reservations are easy to make. the proof comes when we write a check.

if the HT sales/prices are any indication, the price should drop after the initial sales slow down. IF,....... the american dollar is still worth anything next year:eek:

Point well taken. I bought the handhelds a few weeks ago when a nearby dealer offered them. First the 144/220 then the 144/440. I have been happy with them.

At least I got the charger stand and programming cable and software included in the price of $130 each. Everything with the big 3 is an "extra" option usually at some ridiculous price. Quality, in time, remains to be seen but since I am a casual user at best, it suits my needs.

Even if this mobile comes in at $250, it will be far less than I would pay for similarly featured models available now. And being a casual user, I cannot justify the costs I have seen for a rig in the car. I am using the handhelds in vent brackets and a clip on window remote antenna mount for the mobile at the moment. Works for me till this mobile comes out, then I will decide if it will be a Wouxun or something or nothing else.
Need to find a mounting spot in my little hybrid. Not much room at all and loads of electrical noise on the lower bands.

Wouxun ( Ohshang) mobile

It sounds good BUT, I hope the receiver is not prone to intermod or imaging!

I also hope that it will hold up like the better known brands.
If a radio doe not hold up or perform well and whether if you spend $600.00 or $200.00 you throw away your money! I wonder where ADI and Alinco went with
their low quality radios? This almost looks like an Alinco.
Only the test of time will tell on how good the Wouxon will be!

You have got to love the free enterprise system. I remember when Toyota was the new kid on the block. I just bought a ftm-350 so I won't be getting one of these. I hope they pan out because I know a lot of new hams that might be interested in this radio. ;)

cheap dual bander

dont forget this is not your average dual brander you can select 2/440 2/220
all in this one radio same as the ht . technically its a tri brander software selectable

FWIW... and don't count on it lot!

Found this site on another forum. I can't vouch for -anything- in it so please don't assume anything!

Google Translate

There's a lot of information on this site that makes no sense to me. I don't know how 'things' are done in Mexico, shipping, methods of advertising, etc. Going only by the prices on the other radios advertised on this site, I'm not real sure the price quoted for the Wouxun radio is anything other than a 'reservation'(?) price.
thought it was interesting...
- 'Doc

Well, looks like that guy has a $1 reservation fee and is selling for $185, but only to customers with more than 3 feedbacks. That sounds like good news to me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.