• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow! Dual band Chinese mobile - KT-8900 - $15CAN!!

With this Chinese stuff, you never know... but I will stick to my old saying that if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. Hope all of you get your money back.

Brett

It was not the Chinese stuff that tried to steal our money.
I took a gamble so I wouldn't miss out on the deal if it was for real.

It was not the Chinese stuff that tried to steal our money.
I took a gamble so I wouldn't miss out on the deal if it was for real.

What I meant was, sometimes the prices on Chinese products really is super cheap. I bought a Baofeng UV-82 for 28 bucks (shipped) one time, and it was legitimate. Still one of my favorite HT's!

Brett

Roger. That was a great deal. So were both my AnyTones and both my Baofengs. My TYT, not so much!

Roger. That was a great deal. So were both my AnyTones and both my Baofengs. My TYT, not so much!
I have a TYT TH-7800 mobile that I got at a discount at MTC for 159.00. It's a Yaesu clone, and works fantastic. Some features are actually nicer than the Yaesu!

Brett

I have a UV8000E and it is a total pile of crap except for the awesome battery and great transmit power--when I get lucky and the PTT button actually works.

Reactions: 2RT307
Sorry Guys for this failed transaction. All I was doing was sharing what I thought was a good deal. Nothing lost but time and lessons learned. I'll still keep looking/waiting for a dual-bander with the frequency coverage offered by the previous. I think $50/unit will be the sweet spot.

No need to be sorry. I knew it was a gamble from the start. Thanks for alerting us about a possible awesome deal.

Reactions: binrat
I've learned two Chinese idioms toady...
能骗就骗 or "Neng pian, jiu pian" basically meaning "If you can trick them, trick them".
Also this one
不能被骗的不会被骗
(Someone who) can not be tricked, will not be tricked.

"Apparently" bartering and negotiating (for the best price or materials) are a big part of Chinese culture!

{ I bet a wholesale buy could net a few of these radios at a decent price ;); Gosh I'd seriously doubt the quality though. }

But the ripoff was Canadian. He said so himself!
Oh snap, well there goes (part of) my theory, LOL!

I still stand by my previous post though.. a deal could be made, and one could get ripped off in the process.

This "model" almost looks like a radio similar to a UV-5R in a bigger plastic box and a better PA stage?

If it is anything like the cheap hand held radios, the RX will probably be crummy in my opinion. Numbers don't lie though, & I can't wait to see how the receiver performance measures up on a decent bench.

Last edited:
I used the pay after delivery option and they wait for my approval before payment.
If it is a beat up customer return but it still works I probably won't care.
Paid with Pay After Delivery
Credit Union x-xxxx
Your backup is VISA x-xxxx
Exchange rate
$13.40 USD = $15.99 CAD
1 USD = 1.19 CAD
Ship to
Tallman
Transaction ID
50M8178254014174A
Seller info
montoyja_0
Purchase details
Dual Band 136-174/400-480MHz FM Transceiver Mobile Two-way Radio Walkie Talkie 3
$15.99 CAD
Item #263226350513

Use the above method for eBay purchases and you don't get hurt!
Saved my bacon twice before when a radio was trashed and another was not as listed.

Reactions: LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.