• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow, Just Wow...

muddy waters,

i have a few questions for you if you dont mind.

since one of the radios in question is yours, would you mind giving us the history of it?
did you buy it new from sparky's?
did he do the work on it that caused you to send it to dodgem?
if sparky did do the work, why did you not send it back to him to have it done right?
did you contact sparky and question him about the quality of his work?
what did he say?

have anyone else's hands been inside this radio besides sparky and dodgem?

what made you decide to join this forum at this particular time?

thanks for your time,
LC

muddy waters,

i have a few questions for you if you dont mind.

since one of the radios in question is yours, would you mind giving us the history of it?
Sure, the radio was built in another country (not the US) and it was shipped here (the US) from there. Dont know the person that built it... well you get the picture...

did you buy it new from sparky's? I bought the radio new but NOT from Sparky's as I stated in a post somewhere in this cluster f-uk of a thread.
did he do the work on it that caused you to send it to dodgem? Ummmmm no cause I didnt buy it from him.
if sparky did do the work, why did you not send it back to him to have it done right?See above
did you contact sparky and question him about the quality of his work?
what did he say?See above

have anyone else's hands been inside this radio besides sparky and dodgem?As I have stated I did not by this or any of my Radios from Sparky. To answer your question there has been 3 people in my radio and Dodgem is one of them. If you want to know names the email me and I will be more than happy to share that with you.

what made you decide to join this forum at this particular time?What would you do if you had a friend that was being bashed and you knew the truth? Would you not stand up and let your voice be heard?

thanks for your time, your welcome
LC
(y)

The root of the problem here is the cutthroat side of the radio modification and repair business.
I dont talk a lot, but I do read a lot and you can find the same things posted about any shop out there.
One of the forums (and no, I cannot remember which one at this exact moment in time) had some really bad things posted about Dodgem's work a month or so back.
Some people swear by Radioactive's radios, others call them Radiohactive.
Same thing with Sparky's, Rolling Radios, Etc. The list goes on and on.
I have seen 3 radios done by Sparky's and they were professionally done.
I have seen 1 radio done by Sparky's that was alright, but could have been better.
Same with Rolling Radio, seen good, seen alright, but I have never seen any as bad as these pictures.
Have never actually seen a Radioactive radio, only pictures.
I do know that I grew up in business being taught that the worst thing you can ever do is badmouth your competition.
I will not trust a CB shop or Tech that badmouths their competition.
Agreed. Blacklists never ever have set well with me. What goes around comes around. (That can be a good thing :)) Blacklists are "more" a way to pump ones self up. (Here I am ! Come on down !) Save the world ? .......I doubt it . Humble thy self . Do what you do and keep your own side of the roads clean.

Just because man feels the need to do what he has to do , doesn't mean you have to. When somebody feels the need to point the finger at somebody else , they usually have 3 more of them pointing right back at themselves. :)

The "RR" is not Radioactive Radios. I am sorry if everyone thinks it's wrong to show the proof and tell the truth, but, what the hell, it's worth a shot to show others what I see on my end. Thanks for the warning about this forum though, I understand the atmosphere here now... real truth is not to be believed here.

I believe you have a radio that was hacked up and took pictures of.
I believe that you think it is to your best advantage to tell the story as you know it.
But I also don't believe that radio came from Sparky.
Sparky can make a mistake as easily as you or I or anyone else can; but he stands behind his work.
Since you cannot track down the radio -conclusively- back to Sparky - I would let the whole thing go.
But - I'm not you...

So - if you want to continue with this tirade...then go ahead.
If you think we are a bunch of gullable shmucks here - whatever...

Last edited:
The root of the problem here is the cutthroat side of the radio modification and repair business.
I will not trust a CB shop or Tech that badmouths their competition.

And another thing... (as mom used to say whilst giving me the "mom finger") I don't see too many folks getting rich off the business, either.

I'm pretty sure our local "tech" is outta business here.

The "RR" is not Radioactive Radios. I am sorry if everyone thinks it's wrong to show the proof and tell the truth, but, what the hell, it's worth a shot to show others what I see on my end. Thanks for the warning about this forum though, I understand the atmosphere here now... real truth is not to be believed here.

Dodgem;
Why bother telling the truth? If you tell everyone what they want to hear then hell that works for them... But once they know the truth and it comes out that you spoke the truth then everyone will know it..... Until then the truth will only be know by a few (and Im one of them)... (y)

ALCON:
Every radio tech is different (just like a good mechanic) and sometimes hard to come by and people are sometimes stuck with what they have in their area (like me). But my research (to include talking with people and looking at their radios) has shown that Dodgem is a trustworthy tech that prides himself in his work.
We can argure all day long about whos tech is better and whos tech can do what but the bottom line at the end of the day is you pay for what you get. When I first bought my radio I told the guy what I wanted and nothing more he did it and that was that, same for the second time I had it worked on (AND NO IT WASNT SPARKY I have never met the guy or even know know where his shop is). I saw the radio both times with the lids off and the way Dodgem showed it is the same way I remember. I didnt know any different about things shorting out, rubbing or even comming loose I figured those other guys knew what they were doing.

So once again DODGEM DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE WAY MY RADIO LOOKED BEFORE HE GOT IT!

Muddy Waters

Dodgem;
Why bother telling the truth? If you tell everyone what they want to hear then hell that works for them... But once they know the truth and it comes out that you spoke the truth then everyone will know it..... Until then the truth will only be know by a few (and Im one of them)... (y)

ALCON:
Every radio tech is different (just like a good mechanic) and sometimes hard to come by and people are sometimes stuck with what they have in their area (like me). But my research (to include talking with people and looking at their radios) has shown that Dodgem is a trustworthy tech that prides himself in his work.
We can argure all day long about whos tech is better and whos tech can do what but the bottom line at the end of the day is you pay for what you get. When I first bought my radio I told the guy what I wanted and nothing more he did it and that was that, same for the second time I had it worked on (AND NO IT WASNT SPARKY I have never met the guy or even know know where his shop is). I saw the radio both times with the lids off and the way Dodgem showed it is the same way I remember. I didnt know any different about things shorting out, rubbing or even comming loose I figured those other guys knew what they were doing.

So once again DODGEM DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE WAY MY RADIO LOOKED BEFORE HE GOT IT!

Muddy Waters

You talk about knowing the truth,but with all due respect if you have to get a tech to fix your radio then you can only really take that tech's or another tech's (who may or may not bear a grudge) word for it that its been a good job.

your not in a position to judge for yourself what a good job is if you can't do it yourself,if you did know what to look for in a tech's work you'd be capable of doing it so you wouldn't need a tech.

Thanks for the warning about this forum though, I understand the atmosphere here now... real truth is not to be believed here.

People don't agree with you so you rubbish their opinion,that's seriously egotistical and a real good way to rally support for what you portray as truth.

so far you have rubbished 3 techs,got your mate to join up and post to back you up and all you present as evidence is a couple of photos of work that could have been done by anyone,including a chimpanzee.

if this were a court of law i'm afraid the "real truth" would be seriously not proven.

I got to chime in. I missed out here lately being out of town. I believe what Dodgem posted is for real. And yes he can only go on by what the person says that sent him the radio where the work was done.

I went to his website, I will never let him touch any of my equipment. Did not take long to see he knows very little about radio theory.
Rich

I went to his website, I will never let him touch any of my equipment. Did not take long to see he knows very little about radio theory.
Rich

could you be talking rg59/u??? that was enough reading for me,

or my favourite,taken straight from the message to new members section,

"I will not, under any condition, allow any user, member, or sponsor of this forum to trash talk, bad-mouth, or verbally abuse any other user, member, or sponsor of this forum. I simply will not allow it, and if I notice any signs of these events taking place, you WILL BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY, there are no excuses for it."

but its ok to badmouth/trashtalk other techs and members of this forum,IRONIC HYPOCRISY.the trouble with inflated ego's is they don't understand irony.but read on it gets even more ironic and even more hypocritical,pmsl.

"DO NOT come to this forum if you intend to bring a brigade of friends from your little social CB clique who's only intention is to bash a radio tech or amp builder, this is not a place to unleash your personal attacks on the next guy, not all radios have the the same outcome and all linear amps are equal at one point or another, so, go somewhere else to bash the builders. The point is, I will ban the entire group !"

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SMELLS BULLSHIT HYPOCRISY AND MANIPULATION ? where I come from we have a saying "PRACTISE WHAT YOU PREACH"

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated