• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow, Just Wow...

You talk about knowing the truth,but with all due respect if you have to get a tech to fix your radio then you can only really take that tech's or another tech's (who may or may not bear a grudge) word for it that its been a good job.

your not in a position to judge for yourself what a good job is if you can't do it yourself,if you did know what to look for in a tech's work you'd be capable of doing it so you wouldn't need a tech.

Wow now the personal attacks on me..... Has it come to this? Listen to what Im going to tell you one more time and get it through your thick little mind.. I have never claimed to be a CB tech and I never have claimed to have a great knowledge of CB mods. I got what I paid for from the other places, so I did my research on.... wait why am I going on like this? Who gives a shit about what you think? Further more that is why America is great there is so many DIFFERENT opinions.. So if you have to turn sites on me then so be it but come up with something a little better than my knowledge of the inner workings of a CB radio...

could you be talking rg59/u??? that was enough reading for me,

or my favourite,taken straight from the message to new members section,

"I will not, under any condition, allow any user, member, or sponsor of this forum to trash talk, bad-mouth, or verbally abuse any other user, member, or sponsor of this forum. I simply will not allow it, and if I notice any signs of these events taking place, you WILL BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY, there are no excuses for it."

but its ok to badmouth/trashtalk other techs and members of this forum,IRONIC HYPOCRISY.the trouble with inflated ego's is they don't understand irony.but read on it gets even more ironic and even more hypocritical,pmsl.

"DO NOT come to this forum if you intend to bring a brigade of friends from your little social CB clique who's only intention is to bash a radio tech or amp builder, this is not a place to unleash your personal attacks on the next guy, not all radios have the the same outcome and all linear amps are equal at one point or another, so, go somewhere else to bash the builders. The point is, I will ban the entire group !"

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SMELLS BULLSHIT HYPOCRISY AND MANIPULATION ? where I come from we have a saying "PRACTISE WHAT YOU PREACH"

For someone that doesnt mind giving thier opinion you sure didnt mind taken the time to register as a user then search thru the pages of his forum to find information and post it here. Why didnt you do a introduction and be man enough to let everyone know that you were there?

and if you read what is wrote he is talking about the BUILDERS OF EQUIPTMENT and the last time I checked I didnt see a builder of Cobra,Connex or what have you log in and get bashed.... So you yourself should PRACTISE WHAT YOU PREACH and read a little further before you post your BS. But thanks for the visit to the forum be sure to come back and hang out sometime.....

People don't agree with you so you rubbish their opinion,that's seriously egotistical and a real good way to rally support for what you portray as truth.hey asshat the truth was once again given and if you choose not to believe what is the truth then why do you keep this tread going?

so far you have rubbished 3 techs,got your mate to join up and post to back you up and all you present as evidence is a couple of photos of work that could have been done by anyone,including a chimpanzee.are you that dense, give me a break..... Lets talk about your qualifications what do you know or do you just sit behind a ham radio and know nothing about the AM world? What have you done? Come on lets hear it...

if this were a court of law i'm afraid the "real truth" would be seriously not proven.
see once again that is why there is due process of the law here in the states, you take all of the information at hand and then make your conclusion, do some research on these or any builders and you will find that they all have bad reps.

Personal attack? man your deluded,i merely pointed out fact,a concept you don't seem to grasp.

Thick little mind?ASSHAT?
psychologists/psychiatrists have a term for that sort of statement,PROJECTION,look it up because you have probably never heard of it,i wish you were in scotland,i really do.

yeah your right i don't mind giving my opinion,and its completely free and more often than not backed up by technical fact not tech induced fiction.

have you got a problem with that?seeing as you don't mind trying to force yours on everyone on here,or are you different to me?

while we are on the subject of fact if you checked your facts with your radio guru you would know i haven't signed up on that forum,infact its very unlikely i ever will for obvious reasons.but then you weren't slow signing up here and spouting in defence of dodgem,now were you?

hang out sometime,man your having a laugh,if i wanted technical genius like use rg59 on a cb antenna i'd be there in a shot,pmsl.

America great? there seems to be mixed opinion of that in the world,a minor technicality i would imagine for you.:headbangi could get drawn into giving examples of America's bad points but i have more respect for the other forum users who have open minds than too stoop that low,incidentally where i live isn't any better for many of the same reasons before you start slagging of my country but i'm open minded enough to see it for what it really is.

Due process,yeah i processed the available info and there was a strong smell of bullshit wafting about it.my conclusions become clearer with every misinformed post you make.

builders? i dont see much getting built,just premade boards being installed,badly at that.by whom i have no idea but they certainly wouldn't be within 5000 km of any of my radio's.incidentally techs repair and modify things,builders make things,there is a subtle difference.

do an introduction and let everyone know i was there,i'm sure the post here made it clear i had dropped by,and if there had been any information worth my while hanging about for i would have signed up,the fact i didn't tells its own story.

i do practise what i preach.

As for my qualifications,i seem to know a bit more than you about radio,thats good enough for me,no i'm not a ham,yes i have used AM,many years ago and realised it was by and large ineffective and prone to causing interference compared to ssb or fm.

The AM world,is that the world you live in?me personally I live in the real world.I'm sure you sound just dandy with your power mike,echo and overmodulated AM radio and your 500 tone bleep.

75 ohmaracci's

Just to clarify for everyone regarding the "RG59 issue"... ...and I'm have not read whomever's web site to see just what it was being used for... BUT ...

There is an instance in which RG-59 or equivalent 75Ω co-ax is used, "hooked up" to a CB antenna...

One will find many a piece or twain of RG-59 used in a properly built or manufactured co-phase harness as typically found in semi-trucks where there are two ~52Ω antennae, one mounted on each mirror.

Again... ...didn't read the website... but you WILL ABSOLUTELY find RG59 used in certain instances.

Just to clarify for everyone regarding the "RG59 issue"... ...and I'm have not read whomever's web site to see just what it was being used for... BUT ...

There is an instance in which RG-59 or equivalent 75Ω co-ax is used, "hooked up" to a CB antenna...

One will find many a piece or twain of RG-59 used in a properly built or manufactured co-phase harness as typically found in semi-trucks where there are two ~52Ω antennae, one mounted on each mirror.

Again... ...didn't read the website... but you WILL ABSOLUTELY find RG59 used in certain instances.

I ain't disputing that it can be used to cophase antennas as can any other 75 ohm coax or the fact it can be used to transform impedance as a 1/4 wave impedance inverter to feed certain antennas or even be used direct on a dipole,but that wasn't what was being suggested in the post i was referring too.

i'm well aware how coax of different impedances can be used as impedance transformers.

Just want to state a point wich I have seen ever since Radio Shops started putting Stickers on thier Radios,it seems the ones that do it have soemthing to hide and go crazy when the Customer opens the covers and finds the limiter has been cut or disabled.Or the crap work the Shop does.And as this post started I can laugh because you have a Shop thats talking bad about another one and the shop that is talking bad is selling Swing Kits on E-Bay wich speaks for itself.

So, the 'tag team' of Dodgem and Muddy Waters are STILL bent upon breeding discontent and falsehoods?

For either of you to continue this defense of the 'truth' that you both espouse, makes yourselves open to ridicule. It is clear to us all on this forum, that without better proof than you have presented for your behalf, that there is no way that you can be believed on this issue. Dodgem, you failed to produce conclusive evidence that this radio came from Sparky.

Any sensible person/disinterested 3rd party that randomly happened over this thread, would say that what you are fighting about cannot be proved either way. That amounts to an acquittal in any court of law - if such a frivelous case should ever be heard in a court of law. Maybe a small claims matter - but nothing more.

ButtFuzz - man, you opened up a can of worms here. I find no blame with you in bringing the original thread here at all. It has been interesting to say the least. I think this thread has acted like a powerful laxative or a strong dose of Geritol. BTW - Do they still make that stuff?!?

It is unfortunate that Dodgem and Muddy Waters refuse to accept the loss of credibillity over this issue. Apparently neither of you can tell the difference between being snake bit, horse whipped, or powder burned. The proof that Moleculo raised over an issue that occured here -awhile back- should have given either of you all the clue to stop. I am referring to the radio that was switched out for another - and the proof was in the serial numbers that didn't match.
In other words, since there can be no direct link back to Sparky for the radio work in question, this is a dead issue. Any judge hearing this claim in a small claims court would have easily seen this lack of evidence and kicked this silly case out of his court long ago.

I have read and re-read all the evidence presented here several times.
I find this case "dismissed" due to the lack of proper evidence...

-Judge Roy Bean;):D:blink:

Last edited:
Personal attack? man your deluded,i merely pointed out fact,a concept you don't seem to grasp.

Thick little mind?ASSHAT?
psychologists/psychiatrists have a term for that sort of statement,PROJECTION,look it up because you have probably never heard of it,i wish you were in scotland,i really do.In Scotland huh? Why?Would ya buy me a beer or have a great Scotish meal so we could talk radios or is that a personal threat??

yeah your right i don't mind giving my opinion,and its completely free and more often than not backed up by technical fact not tech induced fiction.Whos technical fact? Again what do you know? What have you done? Lets see some proof.......

have you got a problem with that?seeing as you don't mind trying to force yours on everyone on here,or are you different to me?Opinions are great! I have them and so do you.....

while we are on the subject of fact if you checked your facts with your radio guru you would know i haven't signed up on that forum,infact its very unlikely i ever will for obvious reasons.but then you weren't slow signing up here and spouting in defence of dodgem,now were you?Hell no, I will stand beside anyone that I know is correct in their statement. Come on man you know you would do the same thing and you are doing it now.

hang out sometime,man your having a laugh,if i wanted technical genius like use rg59 on a cb antenna i'd be there in a shot,pmsl.I have no idea what you are talking about.

America great? there seems to be mixed opinion of that in the world,a minor technicality i would imagine for you.:headbangi could get drawn into giving examples of America's bad points but i have more respect for the other forum users who have open minds than too stoop that low,incidentally where i live isn't any better for many of the same reasons before you start slagging of my country but i'm open minded enough to see it for what it really is.First- I NEVER said a word about your country NEVER. Second and more important if you dont like the way the US is then why did you join a forum that has a shit load of Americans in it? Dont get me started and I think that I have been pretty nice about things up to now but DONT talk shit about my Country because that is one argurment that will continue until one of is banned and the thread is shut down.

Due process,yeah i processed the available info and there was a strong smell of bullshit wafting about it.my conclusions become clearer with every misinformed post you make.Mis in formed? All I have done was state the facts that one of the two radios were mine and that it did not come from Sparky. So how is that is misinformed?

builders? i dont see much getting built,just premade boards being installed,badly at that.by whom i have no idea but they certainly wouldn't be within 5000 km of any of my radio's.incidentally techs repair and modify things,builders make things,there is a subtle difference. LOL, the same could be said about your tech that work on your radios...

do an introduction and let everyone know i was there,i'm sure the post here made it clear i had dropped by,and if there had been any information worth my while hanging about for i would have signed up,the fact i didn't tells its own story.LOL, man your you should have stayed and read some more....

i do practise what i preach.

As for my qualifications,i seem to know a bit more than you about radio,thats good enough for meLOL wouldnt bet on that my foolish friend.,no i'm not a ham,yes i have used AM,many years ago and realised it was by and large ineffective and prone to causing interference compared to ssb or fm.In one way I agree with you on that.

The AM world,is that the world you live in?me personally I live in the real world.I'm sure you sound just dandy with your power mike,echo and overmodulated AM radio and your 500 tone bleep.
By God that is just funny!

It looks like that you and I both are going to agree to disagree on several subjects. As I have stated before and at the very start I know the truth and I know where my radio came from...... Serious, if your ever in the US look me up, I'll buy ya that beer. Ever had a Cold PBR?? Man nothing better. Crabs and beer... My treat. (y)

ButtFuzz - man, you opened up a can of worms here. I find no blame with you in bringing the original thread here at all. It has been interesting to say the least. I think this thread has acted like a powerful laxative or a strong dose of Geritol. BTW - Do they still make that stuff?!?

Oh yeah, man! Geritol is still going long and strong

GlaxoSmithKline - Geritol

product.jpg

Unfortunately, geritol "ain't gonna cut it", and I've moved on to a much more power product:

DAMNITOL!
damnitol.png

Just before bedtime, however, I have found the untimate product:
image.jpg

I would say that too much time HAS been wasted on this subject, so I am no longer participating. NOT that I was participating in the first place. ... back to antenna building ... :)

So, the 'tag team' of Dodgem and Muddy Waters are STILL bent upon breeding discontent and falsehoods? Come on you seem like a guy with good head on your sholders the only reason I keep going with this is it wont drop.

For either of you to continue this defense of the 'truth' that you both espouse, makes yourselves open to ridicule. It is clear to us all on this forum, that without better proof than you have presented for your behalf, that there is no way that you can be believed on this issue. Dodgem, you failed to produce conclusive evidence that this radio came from Sparky.What radio are you speaking about?? If it is mine then email and with a phone number and I will be more than happy to tell you the name and date for the work that I had dome on my radio.

Any sensible person/disinterested 3rd party that randomly happened over this thread, would say that what you are fighting about cannot be proved either way. That amounts to an acquittal in any court of law - if such a frivelous case should ever be heard in a court of law. Maybe a small claims matter - but nothing more. Hey I like the way you think.... Thin Blue Line maybe?? Then maybe we have smothing in common...

It is unfortunate that Dodgem and Muddy Waters refuse to accept the loss of credibillity over this issue. Apparently neither of you can tell the difference between being snake bit, horse whipped, or powder burned. The proof that Moleculo raised over an issue that occured here -awhile back- should have given either of you all the clue to stop. I am referring to the radio that was switched out for another - and the proof was in the serial numbers that didn't match.
In other words, since there can be no direct link back to Sparky for the radio work in question, this is a dead issue. Any judge hearing this claim in a small claims court would have easily seen this lack of evidence and kicked this silly case out of his court long ago.Again, I never claimed that my radio was worked on by Sparky... I mearly stated a fact that my radio looked like it does when Dodgem got it. I can back that up.

I have read and re-read all the evidence presented here several times.
I find this case "dismissed" due to the lack of proper evidence...then if you have the power close the thread. Shut it down.. But it seems to me that this is the hottest thread in this forum thus far.

(y)

By God that is just funny!

It looks like that you and I both are going to agree to disagree on several subjects. As I have stated before and at the very start I know the truth and I know where my radio came from...... Serious, if your ever in the US look me up, I'll buy ya that beer. Ever had a Cold PBR?? Man nothing better. Crabs and beer... My treat. (y)

i might take you up on the beer some day but i've got a tendency to avoid women with crabs so i'll pass on that.you can educate me on repairing radio's,

incidently i don't get techs to fix my radios,most are retarded,i only trust one person to work on my gear,me.sorta makes this next statement pale into insignificance seeing as you need a tech and i dont,LOL wouldnt bet on that my foolish friend

its nice to know you sorta agree with me on one thing,lol.

truth is a concept that only applies in the believers mind and the mind of the person who is trying to convince them of it.

i never said anything bad about your country,just mentioned the fact that like mine it ain't as great as you believe,but it takes an open mind to deal with reality.

why did i join a forum full of Americans?
my issues on America ain't with the people of America but with the retarded government/politicians that ran it the last ten years or so,a bit like the retards running my country,but hey if you want to try to drum up support wielding the race card,go for it,it only reinforces your ignorance.I'm sure just as many Americans as me have issues with that retard Bush,the first president in history to live up too his name,because he is a total FANNY,which incidently we use here in a different way to the way Americans use the word,but they both apply equally to that tosser.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.