• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB cobra 148 gtl side mic

red97k1500

Nov 26, 2012
texas
I have never owned a cobra 148 gtl... and since I like 8719 chassis radios so much, I think I should own one. I’m done trying to buy one from the idiots on eBay. If a member here has one they don’t want any more let me know. It does not have to be in great cosmetic condition. I would like to spend less than 100 dollars shipped to me.
Thank you

I have never owned a cobra 148 gtl... and since I like 8719 chassis radios so much, I think I should own one. I’m done trying to buy one from the idiots on eBay. If a member here has one they don’t want any more let me know. It does not have to be in great cosmetic condition. I would like to spend less than 100 dollars shipped to me.
Thank you
Well that counts me out. I have a nice one that I might consider parting with for the right price. It's a first generation from Taiwan with the white plug and the original power cord.
I did the frequency mod and locked the clarifier.
I even have the original box (same serial number on it), but that is in rough condition.

Thank you for letting me know, I’ll keep it in mind. I’m going to see if someone might have one that is in a little rougher shape.

I have one that is a little rough, but sounds great according to locals. It is missing a bright/dim switch, but has a 4 pin mic jack opposite of the 5 pin. It has been recapped except for a few caps that didn't come in the kit. I hadn't really thought of selling it, but I guess I wouldn't die if I did.

Do you know how to work on them?
I have one that came in that got smoked and not had time to check it out.
It's an old original 5 pin side mic 148 GTL.
If your a tech and want to work on it then pay the shipping and you can have it.

Do you know how to work on them?
I have one that came in that got smoked and not had time to check it out.
It's an old original 5 pin side mic 148 GTL.
If your a tech and want to work on it then pay the shipping and you can have it.
Ok, If he dont take it I will.

Reactions: Crossbow
148 GTL side-mic uses 5 pin mic receptacle.
If the radio in question is a side mic and has a 4-pin receptacle, then it was put in post-factory or more likely is an RCI product such as the SS 3900 with a Cobra 148 vinyl decal on the faceplate.

Only exception is a genuine Cobra 148 GTL-DX (MKII, PC010AA/AB) that indeed had a 4 pin side-mic receptacle.

Ok I understand now.It just wasn’t computing in my brain that somebody would add a 4 pin mic jack, to the opposite side of the radio.

I actually own pc010 superstar 360fm.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated