1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB

Discussion in 'CB Radio Gear SwapShop' started by BigLou, May 17, 2018.

1. BigLou

BigLou Member

Hi guys i,m new to the forums so here go,s. I,m looking for a good KL-203 i no it,s not the best but it,s all i need.Let me no if you have one. :sneaky:

2. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Welcome to WWDX! I know that a few guys here run those amps. Maybe someone has upgraded and has one lying around. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask.
    Chris

3. cbkidd1

cbkidd1 Active Member

Hello Biglou,
    I happen to have a RM KL-300 with manual. I just bought back in december new. Only used twice on base. With one watt deadkey from radio. If interested let me know. 73,

4. cbkidd1

cbkidd1 Active Member

It has MRF-455 finals.

5. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Well-Known Member

I have a brand new kl203. Does about 100 watts

6. BigLou

BigLou Member

Low-Boy are you going to sell it ?

7. BigLou

BigLou Member

CBKIDD1 thanks for the info,i think the 300 is more amp than i can use at this time.I live in a HOA park so i have to keep a LOW - PROFILE. I run a OPTIMA MK3 into a end-fed wire in a tree for a antenna.:cautious::(:confused:.

8. Low_Boy

It is brand new and it has been on the shelf for 2 years. I guess I will never use it. I can sell it for $70.00 shipped. The one I have is the 203 no pre amp. New blue version.

9. cbkidd1

cbkidd1 Active Member

It's all good Biglou, Hope you fine one.

10. BigLou

BigLou Member

Thanks i have been looking for the 203P thanks anyways.

11. StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew Sr. Member

I would think about this one a little more. You could reduce the amps output by reducing the drive you give it, and as a bonus the amp will last longer and probably run cleaner.

12. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

The KL-203 is so inexpensive I would just buy a new one. Too many people overdrive the crap out of them and then sell them to buy a bigger amplifier. You might save 20 bucks but end up with an amp ready to blow.

https://www.copperelectronics.com/c...rch=kl-203&description=true&sub_category=true

codeman and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  13. Low_Boy

Brand new on e bay. $68.00 shipped

14. Low_Boy

15. codeman

codeman Recovering Crackerhead

I have had my rm 203 for 4-5 years now. I think it is a nice little cheap amp. I would do as suggested and buy a new one and save yourself the headache of buying somebody else's problem.

Not sure about what you can do about your antenna situation, but I live in a townhouse and I mounted a vertical dipole (two fiberglass antennas) on a painter's pole that I can raise to 12 '. With the 4' antennas that makes it about 16' to the tip.
    I can talk locally on sideband to real base stations about 60 miles away to the west if me and about 35 miles elsewhere. When skip is decent I have made many dx contacts with my old Uniden Grant, the RM 203 and my crappy little antenna.

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.