• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

X-Force 600HD Smoked

@Shadetree Mechanic, I’m always asking a lot of your guinea pig post here, but when you get a chance can you give an update as to your final drive levels, power output and etc? Also curious if you played with the two trimmers at all, and if so, what results you had. Still need to rebuild mine...and this is a ton of help to me. You’ve made one heck of a reference post along the way.
Haha, yeah I like goofing around with stuff. When I can actually get something to work, that's the icing on the cake. I like to post pictures of what is going on, I think pictures make something more interesting to read. And I think the pictures helped to attract people who could help me. Hopefully this will serve as a guide of what not to do. Haha! We had lots of great ideas and I was willing to try them all. That's the fun is getting there, and I think we all learned something. Even if its that I don't know what I am doing. Haha! Now I have half an idea at least.

I have not even touched the trimmers since I first tested it. I was so excited, that I put the cover on it and started talking on it. As Nomad said, I "put a nail in it". I will post some pictures of the drive and output numbers.

Last edited:
Here is the radio dead key. On average mode and 20w scale. Right about 5w.

IMG_20200627_092528380.jpg

Here is the radio peak output. Peak mode and 200w scale. Right around 50w with a whistle.

IMG_20200627_092600451.jpg

Here is the amplifier dead key. Peak mode, forgot to switch to average. Should be about the same without modulation. On 2000w scale and about 100w output.

IMG_20200627_092303546.jpg

Here is the amplifier peak output. Peak mode and 2000w scale. With a whistle, about 500w. I can make it bounce higher but I think that is just the momentum of the needle.

IMG_20200627_092348226.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.